Quantum Touch

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Crucible, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

First heard about this method about a year or two back from my sister who bumped into Richard Gordon, the developer in a bookstore while he was promoting his book. Checked out the website, my sister wanted my opinion, and listened to the lecture on the website(very informative). Eventually checked out a class. Couple things about the basic workshop, its identical to everything thats covered in the book, I think that was intentional on richard's part to get it out to as many people as possible. The basic technique could probably be learned in about five minutes. Its basicly nothing more than running awareness up your body on the inhale, from feet to head, and down your arms on the exhale, while sandwiching your hands over the area where someone wants you to work on and paying attention to the sensation between your hands and seeing if it meets inside(the sensation that is) the persons body.

During the workshop, which consisted of four three hour sessions paced over two days, there was plenty of hands on application. Utilizing the method everbody in the class was able to have the hips of their practice partners level out after about five minutes of holding the persons hips with a light touch and doing the breathing method. The occipet lined up after about a minute of light touch and breathing. Everyone practiced measuring the bones position before and after, this was done by eye and not by instrument.

One women had what she called a "fatty tumour"(just puttting quotation marks because I'm not quite sure what a fatty tumour might indicate) which by the end of the day had shrunk by two inches. Another gentleman had a torn rotator cuff which provided recurring pain. After five-ten minutes the pain had lessened then disapeared, however it was back the next day though he stated the relief lasted a long time.

I've since used this method(combined with acupressure) during labour and found that it provided the mother with a great deal of relief. The mother had chosen to go with a epidermal the evening before, but requested that we stay for the labour. During the actual birth apparently(according to the doctor) the epidermal doesn't lessen the pain of the baby pushing against the interior of the mother's abdomen and organs, so during the labour she would tell me where to place my hands to relive the pain.

My mother applied the technique recently on a friend who was dying of cancer, and her friend stated that it provided relief from the pain, but in one instance it seemed to be affecting the medical equipment and she was requested to discontinue.

I find that when I do the method I feel better afterwards but I seem to have to spend the begining part of a session working on myself first, if I'm not in good shape before hand. Recieving quantum touch, to me, feels like I'm doing standing nei gung. I feel my bones go back in place, tissue that was out-goes back to where it was supposed to, and I feel more lined up afterwards(kinda like rolfing without the screaming :) ). I don't like to work on people after working out cause it feels like I have to spend a few minutes removing the sensation of adrenalin so I can be present to the other person, but I found in work out sessions its been helpful when people have taken stick hits to the wrist or steped with their ankle the wrong way.
    Here's the website if anybody's interested
    http://www.quantumtouch.com/
    I could also awnser some questions based on my brief and limited experiance, I havn't worked on a ton of diffrent stuff.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Quantum Touch? Now that's just amusing.

I'm sorry, whether it works or not I'm guessing at pure placebo effect, and calling it Quantum Touch is just plain irritating for anyone who actually knows anything about Quantum theory. Of course, that's not gonna stop people coming up with pseudo-mystical trash about how its all possible through modern quantum theory.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Snake Oil, Snake Oil - £5 a bottle - roll up roll up! :rolleyes:

4. choconutjoe

choconutjoe New Member

I think this quote from the website about sums it up:

“This was a stunningly beautiful experience. If we all practiced Quantum-Touch, we would truly live in a world filled with peace and joy.”
    Margaret Parry

Funny but, I can't quite see the link between 'energy' healing and resolving the middle-east crisis.

5. woodrow

woodrow Banned Banned

The link is mind control. You can make your mind/brain do what you want. If you teach it to put out goodness or positivity, it affects your body as well as the people around you. Her point is that if everyone made their brain into this particular pattern, then the world would be a better place. Even the middle east. Provided the people their also changed their brains.

It is work and most people can't be bothered.

Then if you do make it up there to be good and positive, all the people that did not want to do the work? They will expend every effort to drag you back down to their level. They cannot stand that the good person has become happy so they insult them, ridicule them, attack them to bring them back down.

That is kind of what is happening in the world today. The world was doing good when Clinton was president. There were bad things happening sure. The overall trend was upwards. No more cold war, no more berlin wall, no more apartheid.

The "bad" guys want to bring the world back down to their level so we got the Bush election and the wars in the middle east to bring the world back down to where the "bad" guys live at. Violence, lying, stealing and thuggery are the norm now whereas before the norms were peace , painful honesty (Lewinsky admission), paying for assets and diplomacy when Clinton was president.

6. jokerlaughsatu

jokerlaughsatu New Member

i went to that same conference, but things didnt fare so well for me. i was transported back in time by a quantum touch. it seems i temporarily take over someones body, helping through a troubled time, and then "quantumly leap" to the next person. the only thing i have to help me is my holographic computer projected friend that only i can see. lets hope the next leap will be one that matters. the leap home.

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

*choke* *cough* *hack*

I've been accused of being a psychic vampire before actually when I went to one of those psychic fayres. :D

8. choconutjoe

choconutjoe New Member

Actually I think most people would just rather not pay the $165 dollar fee.

So let's see, to make the world a better place everyone needs to learn quantum touch. So that's 6,000,000,000 x $165 = $990,000,000,000

All into the pocket of the nice people at quantum touch who are just trying to make the world a better place. How considerate of them :rolleyes:

9. john yates

john yates Valued Member

Its easy to be rude

lets try being a bit nicer to people you might not follow thier beliefs but theres no need to be rude just say in the simplest terms dont believe you i think the recipeint will respect that more its easy to have a closed mind lets just be nice we are all entitled to our own opinion kindness goes a long way you all have a nice day now!
    p.s i believe you dont let them stop you :Angel:

10. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Well said John.

There are aspects of life that people have never experienced, and when they encounter events which are alien to them, it is easy to ridicule them as fantasy or impossible.

An example is the experience that MANY fighters have had, where they suddenly see everything in slow motion, but can react to it in "real" speed, giving the impression to an outside observer that they are moving extremelly fast (which they are). To someone who hasn't experienced this, it sounds illogical and crazy, but it has happened to many people I personally know, as well as it being documented extensively.

I am not saying I beleive in this Quantum Touch, but it is something I don't have any experience in, and I would be an ignorant person to start dismissing and ridiculing it without seeying it. I know that the world is full of charlatans and con artists, so I am no naive, but I also know that there are genuine things which cannot be explained by conventional science which exist.

I think we should be a little more tolerant of the views of others, particularly as this is the Healing section, and you should expect more "esoteric" postings here than say the "MMA" forum.

Regards
    Wali

11. john yates

john yates Valued Member

Opinions

Thankyou wali it ticks me off when people come on Traditional healing and run down someone else's experience they dont make any valid comments they just make stupid comments that tend to be belittleing in an attempt to undermine that indivudials experience's someone once said the world was round and someone thought he was mad lets all try and keep an open mind if you dont like what you see then dont insult just say i dont believe and that is fine
    Thankyou

12. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Are we still allowed to ask for evidence, or is that offensive too?

13. Wali

Wali Valued Member

The best evidence would be for you to go down and see for yourself. It is very hard in instances like this to give "written" evidence, as it can be palmed off as the "placebo" effect etc.. and it seems that peoples testimonies aren't enough for some.

I again stress that I have never seen this Quantum touch, but wouldn't try to belittle it from the offset without having seen it (working or not working), for myself.

What kind of evidence were you looking for? This may help in someone providing some for you.

Cheers,
    Wali

14. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

No, anecdotal evidence isn't enough. I can say whatever I want to about something, but that doesn't make it true at all. I would go down and see it for myself, if it didn't cost more money than I can afford. I very much doubt they'd be willing to give free examples to a skeptic, and I very much doubt they'd be willing to give a refund, even if I did have the cash the hand.

Something solid and testable.

15. Wali

Wali Valued Member

I'm pulling out of this topic as it's ovious it will be fruitless discussing this further.

Be realistic. ANY business can't afford to give free "demonstrations" to any Tom, Dick or Harry that walks in demanding proof. If you cannot afford it, then that's just your bad luck. This doesn't mean you are right in mocking and ridiculing the treatment.

I find it quite arrogant that you dismiss something simply because YOU don't understand or beleive in it.

Just try to be more accomodating about the opinion of others, as for what you may know, this may have saved someones life that posts here, and they are posting in good faith.

It's easy to mock and make a joke out of something that you have NEVER seen. Not the most intelligent action.

16. john yates

john yates Valued Member

Well said Wali Its good to have an open mind and its good to question something one can offer an opinion without being insulting to yourself or to the person who is posting it. opinions are good aslong as they aren't aggressive or attacking everything youve never seen a billion pounds but you belive it it. Have a nice day Bunny Rabbit

17. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

The quantun touch is what Scott Bakula has.

18. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

That's funny, I could swear I saw an in-store demo of a cleaning product recently. And every time I go to buy video games there's a station where you can play a demo of a new game--or did I imagine that? Boy I know I couldn't possibly have had some free samples of chicken nuggets yesterday. And what the heck are those infomercials for anyway?

Demonstrations are part of the marketing budget for lots of products, because actually trying something is WAY more convincing than any kind of third party review or testimonial.

19. Wali

Wali Valued Member

What's funny is that you actually beleive your examples make decent parallels!

Chicken nuggets are provided by a multi BILLION dollar corporation that can afford to fish in people with token gestures. Within the martial arts, this is not possible. I would be interested to know where you train, so I can keep sending people in every half an hour demanding a 1 hour free lesson there and then to see if your art is right for them. Then we would see how well your theory would stand up for the average business trying to make a living.

This is double ironic from someone from the Chinese martial arts such as yourself, who comes from a background that keeps trying to convince the world of 'Chi' and other concepts that are alien to many people. How does it feel when say, MMA fighters dispute 'Chi' even exists, and calls what you do a lot of BS?

Listen mate, you go ahead and slate things you have no experience of. It shows a level of maturity that is well beyond my level of understanding or interest.

Cheers,
    Wali

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  20. choconutjoe

choconutjoe New Member

Actually I think it's things like 'quantum touch' that make it all the more difficult for people to reach reasoned conclusions about chi.

The idea that someone can just come along and do 'magical healing' that is (conveniently)scientifically undetectable helps to nuture certain preconceptions about what chi is and isn't. Which makes it very difficult to debate with people about chi, because what I beleive in, and what they dis-beleive are two separate things. I blame quantum touch, and the like.