Quantum theory and modernization of Chinese medicine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Putrid, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I wouldn't worry. You're in good company. The author of that paper evidently knew nothing about quantum theory either.

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I understand quantum theory. It's about box's full of potentially dead cats, real tiny stuff and waves.

:evil:

5. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I've just been re-reading the paper more carefully, and attracted a lot of odd stares in the office when I got to this extract for the third time, finally interpreted the poor grammar, and burst into laughter.

Yes, indeed. When you're ill the atoms of your body collapse.

It's not surprising that their QRS detector can pick this up, as your average illness (by their theory) turns you into a nuclear reactor mid-meltdown. I'd be more disappointed if their detector couldn't pick that up.

6. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Mix it all up into one explanation and have a tiny box of potentially waving cat. You could sell them to the internets!

7. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

Tummo?:)

I did wonder.Some of the other articles on chi kung leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  8. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Only if tummo results in you melting through the ground.

9. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

I've got absolutely nothing to say.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

As opposed to...?

11. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Saying lots of absolutely nothing.

12. Dr KVR

Dr KVR New Member

I think the idea is particles only exist and form reality when being observed and that reality has a multitude of possibilities....it was based on the emission of electrons in the direction of a wall and observation as to where those electrons landed and a wave pattern indicated that one particle landed in several positions.... Scroedinger's cat is an analogy that the cat could be in many states of existence and the state of existence is undecided until the cat is observed. If quantum theory is correct then all human beings must be connected too otherwise we would all envisage different outcomes...and that takes us into entanglement. Again I think this refers to mind power. In the New testament there was a situation where the disciples woke jesus to stop a storm on the river. Jesus was not happy as he said had they faith they could stop it, again the idea of mind power. Very interesting. I'm trying to use Mind power to turn my portale TV into a flat screen with surround sound...It has not worked....yet :)

13. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Young's double slit experiment. It has a number of interesting conclusions, the most important being that when a photon is not being observed it can essentially be in two places at ones and therefore can cause an interference pattern with itself. Crucially, if a detector is used to identify which slit the photon goes through, the interference stops.

Schroedinger's cat is a pretty fun analogy, but it fails to account for the fact that the system is essentially designed to observe the outcome of the quantum state, so the system will never play out the way the thought experiment goes. I believe the analogy is supposed to help people work out what would happen if macro objects behaved like quantum objects.

Not really sure why it means we must all be connected. Once a quantum state is determined, it's absolute for everyone, so we certainly don't need to all be connected in any special way to all be able to see the same outcomes.

Also, entanglement is simply when two particles are created with identical properties other than spin, which are both simultaneously spinning in two different directions. When one is ultimately observed, the other instantaneously sets into the opposite state. I really don't see how this can generate any macro effects in living beings, such as...

Strongly disagree, I don't really see how quantum effects are supposed to lead to mind powers?

OK, really not sure how seriously I should have been taking the rest of this post! ;)

14. Dr KVR

Dr KVR New Member

In addition to the double slit experiments (wanted to avoid using the name) a further exp was carried out in which two related particles were separated and one was stimulated at vast difference from the other resulting in a response in the other....

With regards to mind power; it is not a question of wizardry more how much of our universe is created by us? And IF it then why do we all envisage it the same? or do we?

And 'seriously' NEVER ;)

short reply being rushed out door

15. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

He he he he. What a steaming pile of garbage that article was and get what you can buy a device already because such good research has been done. It's like though £25 wristbands that sports shops sell.

The Bear.

16. Dr KVR

Dr KVR New Member

The article is poorly written, not research paper standard.

17. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Did you not see the sign?
    "Thank you for keeping your hokey beliefs away from quantum mechanics"
    It's up there in black and white, how many more times must I repeat this?

18. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

Man what is it with quantum mechanics and the new age movement. The second you mention energy is involved, suddenly their eyes light up. its ridiculas. I tried reading a book called "the field" by Lynn mctaggart. It claims that vacuum energy is pretty much "the force " from star wars. Who published this book?