Pushup Pyramids

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Rob_InDaUk, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Rob_InDaUk

Rob_InDaUk Grandmaster Sandwich

Are pushup pyramids a good way of increasing strength and stamina?
    If used effectively will they be able to increase the number of pushups I can do in one set?

They seem like a very good way of building strength, but I wondered what you wise people of MAP thought about pushup pyramids.

Ta Muchly, Rob

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Go for it. Check out the Health and Fitness section for threads on Pushups, and links to good set's.

Look out for 'Scrapper's' workouts.

3. Rob_InDaUk

Rob_InDaUk Grandmaster Sandwich

Look out for scrappers workouts...

You took the words straight out of Yoda's mouth :p

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'm starting Scrappers Workout this week on a daily basis. Its probably going to kill me, but it sounds like a challenge. Pyramid to 12, then back down again.

www.trainforstrength.com

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I would definately recommend getting Scrapper's videos rather than trying to do the workouts off paper.

Pushup-along-with-Scrapper :D

Works great!

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'd like the videos, but I don't have $99 to spare. Anywhere I can get them cheaper?

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Legally - no.

Guess you'll just have to plod on with the paper method.

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Until I get the cash it'll have to do :( Shame he doesn't have a UK reseller

9. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

seems like another case for obtaining :D

10. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Getting scrappers workouts on video will have to wait until I have a real job. But yeah, I think pushup pyramids are great.

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Not that easy to "obtain". The videos are in US format, and there's no DVD available. And there's nothing on kazaa.

Besides, sometimes its right to actually pay for stuff rather than liberating it :Angel: