Push Up Challenge

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jeff Burger, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenshiro

kenshiro New Member

Whoooo. I did about 50 in a row before my my arms became too heavy for me to bare. My chest is gonna hurt in the morning. I thought that was quite good for somebody who has not done any press upa in a loooong while. Keep you guys posted on my progress.

Peace

2. Jeff Burger

Jeff Burger Valued Member

Straight...no breaks.

Im looking forward to starting this.

I love being a part of people improvement.

Jeff

3. kenshiro

kenshiro New Member

I just read that you are going to start on the 1st of November.. shall I wait till then or carry on.

Peace

4. nin_jason

nin_jason New Member

Just the thought of it is hurting. Any increase on 20 pushups is a huge improvement for me.

It's about time i tried to challenge myself and this sure sounds like "fun". Count me in.

5. totality

totality New Member

i have a feeling this is going to make me cry like a little girl. right now i'm just doing about 100 pushups a night...in sets of 20! between wind sprints, but that's still pretty pathetic. we should start now...like THIS MOMENT!

lol, thank you though jeff, for showing us this. don't know what it is, but i'll try it if it means having pectoral muscles...

6. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

do we go to your site to sign up on november 1st jeff? or do we start it off on this forum...hehehe i know which other forum you were doing this on...HEHEHEHEHE. But I didnt get round to finding out your method.

7. Jeff Burger

We could do it here.
    If so Id like it to be a thread with a limited access.
    Im giving The Method and tips for free, its something I could have easily made into a small book / pamphelet and sold.
    All I ask is your contribution on your results a small time commitment and dont post it until your challenge is over.

Limited access cause I dont like those not on the challenge chiming in with the...big deal psuh ups and other negative comments.

If not Ill send you to the other site which is just the push up challenge.

8. Cain

Cain New Member

Nah, we'll do it here Jeff, can't wait to start it!!!!!!! :D

|Cain|

9. Jeff Burger

Ill do it here if we can get a more controlled environment...if not I wont do it here.

Jeff

10. Sporran

Sporran Silverback.

I could do with a push into some more activity. Count me in.

I'm curious as to "The Method", if nothing else, and will finish what I start.

Somehow...

11. Cain

Cain New Member

Well, it's controlled and we can get Andy to use his deadly whip if it is'nt controlled ;)

|Cain|

12. Jeff Burger

It wont be terribly hard either.
    Its a sur[prisingly effective method for the time and energy you put in.

On back pain

Like I said we will have weekly tips as we go.
    A bit on back pain.

You get vback pain from push and or sit ups cause the abs and back are weak.
    Specifically the Ilio-Psaos group. This is your major hip flexor.
    These muscles run from your leg to the inside wall of your back.

You need to keep them stretched and learn how to do and hold a pelvic tilt (talk to a chiropractor or Physical Therapist.

There is a good pic of the Ilio-Psoas here.
    www.sacrowedgy.com
    (I do not use or endorse this product...its jsut a good pic of the Ilio-Psoas).

Its hard online describing how to properly work your abs but give this a try.

Lie flat on the floor feet flat.
    Notice the arch in your lower back. Place your hands on your abs (so you can feel them work) and flatten your back to the floor.
    You should feel your abs tighen slightly.
    Keep your back flat for the rest of the exercises, you can keep at least 1 hand on your abs to make sure you are working them.

From there do a pelvic tilt. This is lifting your hip off the floor by curling your abs and not pushing with your butt (a common mistake) so put 1 hand on your abs and 1 on your glutes.

These 2 exercises can help you strengthen your internal and lower abs as well as a feel and strength for that tucked / pelvic tilt.

For your back and easy one to do is lie on the floor and and hold your limbs up "Superman" for time.

Thats a start anyway.

Jeff

13. cioGium

cioGium New Member

I'm in!

I remember doing 50 or something like this long time ago(about 1 year ago:D ), but 100!! mmmmmmm, can't wait!

14. Red Dragon 1961

Red Dragon 1961 New Member

15. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

Hell i've got nothing better to do count me in too.

16. TKD

TKD New Member

I'm in!

17. totality

totality New Member

you people keep saying things like 'i'm in!' and 'count me in'

STOP IT!!!

get a little creative, c'mon...otherwise i feel cheated when my slow dialup connection finally manages to parse the page and show me your BORING posts! :p

18. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Pink elephants! Pink elephants! Eat your fried egg before it eats you! The uprising of the donkeys!

19. Jack

Jack Valued Member

Good morning from Britain, Jeff. :)

Would it be possible for non-involved people to at least see how the challenge progresses, without posting? I for one would be interested to see the results of this, but can't join in myself because I'm currently doing low rep strength training, not endurance training. :)

Jack

20. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

Well, why not? I like a challenge. Could get up to 100 a long time ago (just). Probably could do 30 at a push these days.

We could set-up a private forum for this challenge - would it be possible to make public once the trial is over?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.