Purchasing weapons - Australia

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by 5thBrother, Dec 23, 2004.

1. 5thBrother

5thBrother Valued Member

Hello.

does anyone know a good place to purchase weapons and training weapons in australia.. i am in qld so can escape some of the dodgey weapons laws in nsw etc... my other option is to get myu family to send to australia but with all the american terrorists stuffs .. weapon imports are now strict etc...

i know most martial art supplies have japanese and chinese weapons .. and tans has some filo / indo weapons but does anyone recomend any stores for such supplies... stick, dagger, swords, armour etc etc for indo and/or filo arts

thank you

ps. has anypon had weapons and equipment sent from indo or filo in da last 6 months? any troubles?

2. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

Hey man, you can get most of what you need from the QLD MA supply store on Ann St (I mention this place alot). Doubt you'll find any live blades but armour, stick etc are all there. Also if they dont stock something they may be able to order it for you or at least point you in the right direction. PM me or something and let me know if you have any troubles and I might be able to help out as well if you specifically know what you want. Also, be careful using/carrying them for anything but training, all you have to do is swing something around near people and you'll end up in court.

3. 5thBrother

5thBrother Valued Member

:p

thank you for the info

merry xmas and happy new year everyone

4. deCadena

deCadena New Member

am from the PI and doing my post grad studies in Australia in UQ. We should get together for some picnic and training. I do have some background in Filipino Eskrima....

CHeers!