Punch to the face

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sketco, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

^ that's what Jack Reacher does in 'Killing Floor', as well as headbutt, eye and ear gouging, groin kicks. It's really picked up from the first few chapters :)

2. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Until this day, I haven't ever thrown the first hit. Actually, that's not entirely accurate. First time was my last encounter with someone who tried rushing my brother-in-law in DC a few months ago. It certainly wasn't out of anger though. More appropriately worded, I've never intentionally instigated a fight.

3. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Who's Jack Reacher? Should I aspire to be like this person?

4. cisco_lad2004

cisco_lad2004 Valued Member

It's funny how most of us don't really enjoy hitting. And if they did, they would regret it.
    its a good sign, a sign that most of us have nothing to prove, a sign have self control and perhaps know how much damage we can inflict.
    ...very nice bunch !!

Cisco lad

5. marinevet63031

marinevet63031 Hapkido/Koryo Gumdo/TKD

I was in the Marines folks right after the gulf war so yes. Yes I have succumbed to smacking a jarhead or squid, part of the territory. Since i have been out, - 1997........ 2x.

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Just once, with a chair. He was trying to rob me.

7. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

If there's anything that fires off a warning signal that a martial arts practitioner might be a little deluded, it's the fantasy about how much damage they could inflict. I'm 99.9% certain most people on this forum couldn't inflict any greater amount of damager than anybody else that got into a fight.

8. mattt

mattt Valued Member

You clearly haven't spent enough time learning to AIKI punch, otherwise you wouldn't have such a naive view on life.

9. sampla

sampla Valued Member

I wouldn't like to do that unless I'd gonna kill

10. sampla

sampla Valued Member

I def can, all I train now is boxing

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Whoah! Badass over here!! :) ;)

12. sampla

sampla Valued Member

13. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Pffft, aiki don't know bout' my Te Djinn YellowBamboo Guided Chaos Double Dream Hand.

I throw that, opponents face go BOOM. :cool:

14. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Yes I did. It felt good and I never regreted it, even when I thought I would be arrested for it. He must have thought he deserved it too cause neither him nor his two friends that witnessed it told the responding officer who hit him. I don't think this makes me a bad person, but I suppose opinions vary.

15. nintyplayer

nintyplayer Valued Member

I've never lost my nerve. When people get in my face, I mostly treat it like a joke. I don't take it seriously. If they attack, I'll fight them, but that's never happened. When you don't allow a situation to escalate, it doesn't. Generally.
    If someone were to do something horrible, like hurt a small child in front of me, I wouldn't hesitate to inflict the same amount of damage on them. But that's not happened.

16. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Tell you the truth, if you had mentioned almost any other martial art, I would've doubted you completely, but I know that with proper technique, you actually can hit a heck of a lot harder. Some may argue and say that with proper technique, any other martial art can teach you how to hit harder. Boxing places a big emphasis on your ability to hit, not just applying fancy techniques like pinning someone on the ground or forcing them into submission. There are only 6 punches so you better know how to apply some damage given your restrictions. Real technique comes from good form, and in boxing, that usually coincides with generating good power.

Some people are just naturally strong though, and you never really know anything about the person you're fighting when it's "on the street", so I wouldn't advise maintaining the mentality of "I def can", that's just asking for it in my book.

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Well I know I can probably hit hard enough to KO someone and, as a result, they may fall and bash their heads.
    Hence why I'm reluctant to hit people.
    It's not a case of thinking I can "inflict damage" but just that damage can happen.

18. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Indeed. And that's my point. You don't need MA training to be able to do that.

19. sampla

sampla Valued Member

to be honest, I am not super strong, but I know they being adults already had a lot of opportunities to migrate into sport, have money out of fighting, instead of rather proving how strong they are, they drink also

but it is not about fighting actually, I strike strong, everyone else can as well

by the way, boxing has even less then 6 punches, 2 actually. straight, circular with either hand. but the way you use em, multiplies em into far more lot then 6. if you trained, you know that. if you are a heavyweight, we could spar some day

20. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

When I was in Canada me and fellow member Hannibal had an altercation

I am still upset with the reuslts :(

seriously i have not started a fight since High School and im in my mid 20s