pulling out of a fight...?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Bruce Irving, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

This is very depressing for me to think about. but i have a fight in december and i am thinking about pulling out because 1 i hyper extended my knee in early october and i havent been able to work knees and kicks for a month. and 2 i've just been hit with broncitus (a lung infection) and i get gased xtremly easily (like a run up the stairs and im tired) and i dont know how long its going to take for me to get back into the shape i was in.. like once the mucus leaves my system will i be in the same shape i was in or is it like starting all over again....? well my knee is pretty fine now, i say it should be back to normal next week. but idk how long its gunna take me to recover from being sick.... so what do you guys think i should do....

2. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

Pull-out. There's no shame in it. It's not as if you're faking it. You're legitimately injured, so don't risk it. Give yourself recovery time so that you can give 100% the next time around.

I hate watching a fight where a guy loses and later says that he was sick, injured, etc. Just excuses after the fight is done. It's much better to admit it beforehand & do something to get better.

You wouldn't want to just hand over the W to your opponent. It sure would be a test of will, but is that what you'd really want? To go in at 60% with diminished training while your opponent goes in at 100% with intense training? They say that the major part of the fight is won in your preparation at the gym. Heck, the best fighters pull-out often, so don't think twice. I know how it's like to hyper-extend your knee. It's not fun, is it? :cry:

Good luck in your recovery.

3. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

No point fighting at 50%, you'll just be wasting your time and give your oppenent an easy win.

If you're injured/sick im sure your trainer and oppenent will understand

4. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

:( man this sucks so bad.....this is so depressing.. knowing that all that hard work i was doin isnt even going to show because my lungs just crapped out on me...jezz... idk what to say...

5. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

I agree with the others. There is no shame in pulling out now. (Major disappointment, but no shame). If you are unable to get in a minimum of six weeks solid training at 100%, then don't do it!

Pull out now so the promoter has plenty of time to get your opponent an alternate match-up!

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah. DONT leave it until the last 4 days. *grumbles dark things under breath*

7. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

your name is Bruce Irving, but your avatar is Kazuya? How strangely ironic.

anway, yea, theres no point in fighting if you aren't close to the top of your game.

8. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

Would have to agree with everyone here, pull out now, let the promotor/trainer know asap!

Get your self back to normal, and work for a fight in April!

9. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

sigh.. yes i guess ur all right.. man this is incredibly heart breaking.....

lol by the way tekken god i choose kazy bc his pic is closer in and looks better u cant tell bruces from far away