PS 3 internet access

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by dentoiwamaryu, Jun 13, 2008.

1. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

HI, is it true that you can get full access to the internet using the ps3 browser. im in the UK and when i switch on i can get acccess to online gaming and teh playstation store, news etc, but when i go to the interent browser there i cant find anywhere to access my yaho email or google. when i go to the search bar at the top and enter site names it comes back not found. any ideas here?

2. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

i have a ps3 , im in the uk and i can access the internet fine , all i can suggest is that you havent got a wireless network ?

Also the net with the ps3 is crap at the mo , they havent got a stable browser on it and therefor there isnt mnay site u can access or if you can there isnt much you can do on them

Hotmail is a no go , things that have videos like youtube you can access but you can watch vids .

Basically everywebsite / plug in on the internet is built with "Internet Explorer" in mind therefore it is all coded to work on the "internet Explorer" Web Browse ( or a one very similar , like firefox) Untill Ps3 do something about there browser where just gonna have to put up with 2nd grade net browsing on it .

Its a shambles to be honset , but as it was with the x-box it just takes time for all the things to be sorted , baiscally they brought it out expecting errors and queries to be thrown back at them so they could sort it as it happens , we were test guinea pigs for them :(

End PS3 Net Rant ( FOR NOW ! )

BAck to orginal problem , if u can access the ps3 shop then im guessing the net is set up correctly , have u downloadded all availabe upgrades for it ?

also have you typed the full address

www.google.com

Let Me know , i will help futher if so

3. EWBell

EWBell Valued Member

I haven't noticed any problems watching videos on youtube or dailymotion with the PS3.