Protein

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by LeeGreg89, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

Wow, I can't believe this thread turned out to be 10 pages! And might still be growing!

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

No, no, no! He's been warned about constant PM'ing before, don't give him permission to start again.

3. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Is this English?

4. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

i have been told alot of times not to take any supplements until later so i decided to find out why andin my opinion i really dont think you should take supplements and for protien essecially. i may not be an expert but since your close to my age i think you shouldnt either ( you would be surpised what ur body can do for u)

5. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Protein? Protein is just protein.

6. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

what are your thoughts in this

I think supplements wont hurt

7. Cain

Cain New Member

No supplements won't hurt since protien is the same thing you get from foods.....but stuff like creatine will I think........anyone? :confused:

|Cain|

8. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

well if your body still has alot to do and plenty of growing to do i dont see why its neccessary to use anything yet. right now i would just eat right and if you do the right exersies at the right time with the right cardio and the right food youll get what u want. i wouldnt mess with anything yet unless you completely understand every pro and con. i think the food is the best place to get them because its where it is suposed to come from. Im not sure what goes on in me and i think you're in my boat too. so i say go on a strict diet and by diet i mean cut out the bad stuff and see what happens. plus its not like you cant get enough protien

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'm not sure about whether it does or not. I've heard both sides of the story told to me by very reliable and trustworthy people, so who knows.

Whatever the case, I should think its much less harmful than anabolic steriods, which people often resort to to gain muscle.

10. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

its not like you need it

11. redi knight

redi knight New Member

i agree with shortfuse.
    stick to food, people have eaten food sinse the beginning, and there were plenty of muscular people back then, it didnt happen when people started to take creatine and whey etc.

your wasting time and money, money that can be better spent, say.. towards weight lifting equipment, exercize and nutrition books, a gym membership..many things.
    ignore me now if you want, but in 5 years ill think you'll agree with me..i hope

12. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Protein? "It's not like you need protein?"??

Protein is just protein. You can get it from two chicken breasts or a protein shake -It'll make no difference.

Protein is protein.

13. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

i mean its not like you need supplements

14. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

maybe multi-vitamins

15. totality

totality New Member

protein is protein, regardless of how you get it. same thing with vitamins, you can get those from food too. protein supplements are NOT bad for you. anabolic steriods can be. creatine really shouldn't be, i mean, your body produces creatine, and chances are if you're lifting and taking a protein supp then you won't need to take creatine anyway because of increased production. take the damn supplement if you want to, leegreg.

16. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

take the damn supplement if you want to, leegreg. [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly, I recently bought mine and got to the routine only to drink it after i workout

It doesnt matter how u take protein it just matters if ur taking any protien

17. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

WHEN and HOW you take protein matters a LOT.

It also matters what you take it WITH.

18. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Im takin it by the powder but i only use it only after a workout is this good or should i use it everday even when i dont work out

19. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Your muscles grow and get stronger on your rest days!

The answer to both is yes.

20. khafra

khafra New Member

In other words, your body will partition nutrients more efficiently right after you work out--it'll put more protein and carbs into your muscles, instead of fat tissue. But you'll be recovering for the next coupla days, if you did a serious workout, and you'll need protein that entire time.

in other news, I'm selling this thread to warner brothers as a script for a new comedy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.