Protein

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by LeeGreg89, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

The WPI itsself can be sometimes basically the same, but sometimes you get it combined with other ingredients. Like vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and aminoacids such as L-Glutamine. Some also contain methyl guanidine-acetic acid, which some would day, at your age, you should steer clear of.

You've just got watch for the other bits an pieces they throw in.
    Plus there are different way it's processed, which can vary alot from product to product to product.

Did you find out about the Enzymatic Hydrolysis? That can have a great effect on how much protein your getting from each serve.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2004
  2. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Some also contain methyl guanidine-acetic acid, which some would day, at your age, you should steer clear of.

Why so
    is it harmful

and no im still having a hard time finding that
    in the front is jsut the brand and back is just the nutrient facts and ingredients

what will happen if it doesnt say it Enzymatic Hydrolysis

3. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Ingredients: Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate, Vitamin/Mineral/Amino Acid Blend (taurine, potassium [as potassium chloride], chloride [as potassium and sodium chloride], calcium [as dicalcium phosphate dihydrate], phosphorus [as dicalcium phosphate dihydrate], L-Glutamine, magnesium [as magnesium oxide], vitamin E ]as dialpha tocopheryl acetate], niacin, zinc [as zinc sulphate dihydrate], vitamin A [as palmitate], pantothenic acid [as d-calcium pantothenate], vitamin D3 [as cholecalciferol], vitamin B6 [as pyridoxin], copper [as amino acid chelate], manganese [as manganese sulfate dihydrate], riboflavin, thiamin [as thiamin hydrochloride], folic acid, biotin, iodide [as potassium iodide], chromium [as amino acid chelate], molybdenum [as amino acid chelate], selenium [as amino acid chelate], vitamin B12, natural and artifical flavor, xanthan gum, sucralose, silicon dioxide.

These are the ingredients is it good

4. Skinneh

Skinneh Skinny Theif Ninja Spy

This thread is very entertaining :D

Lee .. have you gone to the gym yet ? :D Also what do your parents think? Buying you this stuff, and do they wonder where your getting all this info from? :D Good luck, I to am trying to gain a few pounds ( 15 or so :D )

5. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

I bought it myself

6. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Some people say methyl guanidine-acetic acid is harmful, most people don't. Why do people say it is harmful? You'll have to ask them. There is a thread on it here in the forums.

I'll guess you'll miss out then :(

It provides low to medium molecular weight peptides and polypeptides which allows for faster absorption, within a few minutes of consumption. The result of having the two types of protein means you have a better protein with an increased range of amino acids. This provides a higher level of Bioactivity. When the Whey Protein is Hydrolysed, it provides two separate stages of release into the body - providing the immediate recovery required after your workout followed by a longer sustained release.

7. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

is there a way i can find out if it does

8. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

If it does what? Contains methyl guanidine-acetic acid? Or If its been put through Enzymatic Hydrolysis?

9. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

If its been put through Enzymatic Hydrolysis?

10. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Most of them do contain some though right

I just contacted the company brand and findout

because sometimes it doesnt say it there right

11. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

It will say on the container.

Contain some what?

12. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Enzymatic Hydrolysis

13. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Enzymatic Hydrolysis is a process. After going through that process, the Whey Protein is Hydrolysed.

If it's been Hydrolysed, it will say. If it hasn't been Hydrolysed, then it won't say.

If it hasn't, then don't worry about it, it's no big deal.

14. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

It has to say it on the container though

Maybe they didnt write it down

15. Cain

Cain New Member

Yoda and Ving Tsun - much respect for your patience :(

|Cain|

16. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

If they didnt right it down then there is ther slight posibility that it hasn't been Hydrolysed.

Just another one of the many trype of WPI products available. Consideration must be taken in choosing a product that will suit your needs.
    Such as Bio Availability, Enzymatic Hydrolysis, Assimilation and absorption rate, Methyl Guanidine-acetic Acid and Aminio acid content.

Has the protein been Partially Pre-Digested?

;)

17. khafra

khafra New Member

Yoda, don't quote some "expert"--tell me what you think! :D

And in my opinion, the scant increase in speed of digestion you get with hydrolyzed whey protein isn't worth the large increase in price and the large decrease in palatability. If you're rich and have no tastebuds, though, your results may vary.

If, after reading all this, you'd like to experiment with your own ingredients and proportions, you can make your own mixture at proteinfactory.com or proteincustomizer.com--just be sure to exercise, that helps a lot too.

Casein has been shown to be much better than whey at reducing catabolism, so I'd suggest it over whey any time other than within 30 minutes after a workout.

18. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I told him what I think VERY early on :D

He wants information - so information is what he's getting.

19. john yates

john yates Valued Member

yukimishu is right read look read,water is best s/millk is on good.

yoda is ok p/m him for info.or go on chat.

20. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Did you just tell LeeGreg to PM Yoda?:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.