Protein

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by LeeGreg89, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

I bought my Protein Powder
    and it seemed weird beacuse it says

directions stir 2 scoopfuls (64grams) into a 12 oz of milk

why is it so much and is this true

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  2. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Then it's not 100% protein.

Read the lable to find it's ingredients and contents. It should say how much protein is in it per serve, and per 100 grams/oz.

A serve should be the 64grams.

Come back here and post how much protein is in it per serve.

3. Sun Hwang

Sun Hwang Train to eat,Eat to train

Almonds, salmon and eggs are the best sources of protein. Reason being is that they are more complete than just pure protein, they have everything else that your body needs to make the protein useful. -If you don't like eating regular almonds get some bluediamond almonds. they're awesome.

4. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Ok VIng Tsun
    it says............

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 2 scoopfuls (62grams)
    Servings per container 22

Ingredients
    Ion Exhange Whey Protein,vitamin/mineral Amino acid

and alot of stuff

5. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

It's needs to say how much protein is in per serve or 100g.

EDIT: Don't worry about it. Just have two serves a day until you know how much protein is in it. Have one in the morning adn then one at night. NOT with another meal. Have one of those two after your workout.

EDT: I think I found the one you are using. Creamy Vanilla Perfect Zero Carb Isopure Whey Protein Powder. Whish says is has 50g of protein in each serve. A bit much I think.

Just have one scoop with the milk, a few times a day.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2004
  6. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Yes exaclty thats it thats the one im using
    it says 2 scoops
    so u want me have 2 scoops instead of one

7. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Just have one scoop with the milk. 2-3 three time a day, seperate from other meals.

8. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

how much is one scoop though

9. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

Ving tsun now that u know what im using is this 100%protein

10. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

"Serving Size 2 scoopfuls (62grams)"

Well, if two scoops is 62grams, then one scoop (which is half of two scoops) will be 32grams.

And if two scoops is one serve, one serve has 50grams of protein. (Which may be a little too much for the body to digest -exlcuding milk, which is yet to be added.)

That means one scoop will have around 25grams. Which is plently once you add it with milk.

No.

11. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

then i bought the wrong thing

12. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

No. It's protein. Drink it. It's fine.

That's there is to know.

Now get to the bloody gym. :p

13. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

and also does the size of the milk 12 oz still stay the same

14. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Man, you are making this way more complicated then it has to be.

Yes, it stays the same. Or you can add more, or you could add less. It doesnt matter.

One scoop with however much milk as you want. Drink a 2 times a day on empty stomach. One of those after workout.

Tadaa! Your all done.

15. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

thank VIng tsun i love u mannnnnnnnnnnnn

wooooooooooooooo

16. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Ah, but what is the BV value of this protein powder LeeGreg89?

And are you taking more WPI than your body can assimilate in one time-frame?

17. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

wha u mean Yoda what is BV value

18. YODA

BV = Bioavailability

Bioavailability
    By Brian Rowley, ms, with Barry Finnin, PhD, & Samuel Peters
    Bioavailability protein's bioavailability is a measure of how much of what's eaten can actually be absorbed and used. A number of factors affect amino-acid bioavailability, including digestibility. If a protein you eat is just a rigid piece of gristle (the connective tissue collagen), stomach and intestinal enzymes can't break it apart very well and much of it will pass through your body undigested. Normally, after you eat protein, stomach and intestinal enzymes must "chop" amino chains into smaller pieces generally consisting of individual amino acids or clusters of 2-3 amino acids bound together. Only then can aminos cross into the bloodstream, where they're taken up by muscle and other tissues. A low level of one or more essential amino acids in a meal decreases the bioavailability of its protein. For example, if most of your protein comes from cereal, which is low in the amino acid lysine, your body will burn most of the amino acids for energy, or use them to produce fat if the calories are excess. But if you consume lysine-rich milk or beans with that cereal, the overall protein balance of the meal dramatically improves, and more amino acids can be used for muscle synthesis.
    Because the body has about 450 grams of extra protein that isn't doing anything at a given time (for example, "scrap" proteins in the liver and blood), it isn't always essential to get all nine amino acids with every meal. In fact, your body can wait up to 24 hours for a limiting amino acid. This partly explains the success of vegan bodybuilders like Jim Morris, who won the 1996 Grand Master Mr. Olympia at age 60 without having eaten meat, poultry, dairy or eggs for 10 years. Even so, highly competitive vegan athletes are careful to get all essential nutrients by eating a variety of complementary foods that together make a complete protein - defatted peanut flour and brown rice, for instance.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2004
  19. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

How do i know that Yoda

20. YODA

Look on the box

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.