Proof that any monkey could learn Taekwondo...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by iolair, Jan 8, 2005.

1. iolair

iolair Mostly Harmless

2. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Ive seen that loads....always makes me larf. :D

3. outlaw

outlaw New Member

ahahahha nice spinheels.

4. silentwarrior

silentwarrior Valued Member

arg, that makes me sick.

5. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

You poor soul. Don't you realize that like you are now going to get 10 000 posts about it's so wrong that they did that.

This is what happened in the other thread when someone posted a picture of that monkey.

I totally don't get the people on this site. It's okay to hunt a fox for sport, yet training a chimp is cruel. Seriously though, you are going to get like 10 000 posts yelling at you. Look at the post above mine, it's all ready started.

6. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

sad to say, but she's probably right. Now, it'd really be funny if they matched the chimp against a human and had the chimp win.

7. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

:D He he, that was great.

A Boxing Kangaroo would kick his ass though ;)

8. Funky Phantom

Funky Phantom Valued Member

You think the experience that a fox goes through when running for its life from a pack of hounds that want to rip it to pieces and that of a monkey being taught MA moves for a laugh are the same?

Good call there.

9. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

Are you stupid? I'm not the one who was saying that it's NOT cool to hunt foxes for sport. Learn some freakin' reading comprehension. I am the one who was arguing that the fox thing was cruel and that the trained monkey isn't cruel. Geez you have highly annoyed me with your beyond stupid post.

10. Funky Phantom

I think you'll find I'm not stupid, so good call there again.

I apologise if I mis-read your post (I'm sure its never happened to you before), but my point remains valid in a general sense.

11. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

Apology accepted.

Also, no, I would never mis-read someone's post so badly when it was typed perfectly fine. I would only mis-read if their typing/spelling/grammar was bad or if their points lacked clarity or were organized in a confusing way. My post was perfectly clear.

edit: Also, I'm sorry if I over-reacted. I have a really quick temper.

12. Funky Phantom

Then I re-iterate my apology.

I'm back to University on Monday so I'd better have my weak grasp of the English language tightened by then...

Edit: I accept your apology, thought I must admit I'm somewhat surprised you offered one.

13. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

lol I know it's actually out of character for me.

...but my New Year's resolution was to control my temper so I figure that should apply to the internet as well. It's hard what with the Irish blood and all...

14. Funky Phantom

Fair enough. For what it's worth, I do apologise (I know I've said it before but if I'm being honest I didn't actually mean it then :D) for the mix-up.

Anyhow, I think we've caused enough distraction here, so lets get back to the main event... that crazy fighting monkey! :p

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  15. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

Damn that was tight.

16. Highkick

Highkick Banned Banned

You little fart! If I ever find you........ :woo:
    (just kidding, don't be scared)

17. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

lol, never seen that before, def entertaining

Plus the monkey looked like he was having fun, so two opposable thumbs up to him...

18. iolair

iolair Mostly Harmless

P.S. Despite my thread title, it's an ape, not a monkey ... the chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes.

AFAIK intelligent animals enjoy this kind of reward-based training, but on the other hand I always think it's slightly undignifying when animals are dressed up in clothes. (Not that I would put it past a chimp to see the humans gi-ing up and copy).

As for the match ... well given the relative strengths of human and chimpanzee, I don't think the chimp would need to learn any fancy stuff when it has an awesome bite and is probably capable of pulling your arm straight out of its socket anyways.

19. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

First of all, I know it's an ape. I just called it a monkey out of force of habit of using lay-man's terms.

Anyway, Why are you arguing towards me? HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN I was not saying that training the ape is cruel. I'm merely referencing the other thread that became like 50 000 posts long and was full of people freaking out over an ape in a gi. It wasn't even a video, it was just a picture of an ape in a gi. I was not one of the people saying the gi is cruel.
    :woo:

edit: I can't believe I am yet again explaining my perfectly clear and straightforward post.

This is so irritating. I can't believe you people can't freakin' read. Seriously.
    Then you have the nerve to talk down to me "An ape's not a monkey.." and yet you lack basic reading comprehension!!!! God, I know an ape isn't a freakin' monkey I took zoology of mammals for Christ sake. However, when I see a rabbit I don't go "OH LOOK! LOOK AT THE LAGOMORPH!" I also might call a jack rabbit a rabbit even though it is a hare.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to respond to you. Since you'll probably just completely misunderstand this post anyway, judging from your previous attempts at reading and interpreting plain english.

Maybe I should break it down for you people

ME NO THINK APE IN GI IS CRUEL! ME REFERENCING OTHER THREAD.

oh wait, I used the word referencing. Damn, can't think of a simpler word for it. Oh well maybe you got the first part.

20. TyrX

TyrX Unregistered Non-User

Hey kungfugirl, it's not a monkey, it's an ape...and it's not cruel why would you say that?

lol