Progress photos/props/proof

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Yohan, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

So I'm putting this thread here for two reasons.

1. As a shameless ego massage.
    2. As a way of thanking the people on the board who have helped me so much in all my endeavors.
    3. As proof that the method of training advocated by the members of this site who are "in the know," really work, and they work well, and they work fast.

There is a general consensus on what type of training is really effective on this board, and that general consensus is spot on. The resources are excellent. The threads are excellent, well informed, sourced and collaborated on. The members over here are top notch - always polite to those who have semi-intelligent questions, very knowledgeable, and always happy to help somebody out.

The members who I can think of are AdMcg and Sickdevildog for their resources, incredible bulk, colluci and G-Bells for their generally impressive and inspirational workout regimes, Comaboy and CosmicFish for their scientific take on the working out (special props going to CosmicFish for taking his protein by the spoonful with his tea, that's a man), plus SlipTheJab, who isn't the most active H&F member, but has generally given me top advice. Thanks to everyone else who has helped me or given me advice on the boards.

So here's the lowdown on what I've done. I've used the methods and programs that have been advocated on this site. I started with the fitness resources, then found a strength coach/gym to coach me on lifts and form and fitness principles. That coach follows the methods advocated on this site. You can see all the details of my fitness program located in the journal link in my sig. I used the precision nutrition materials to do my diet.

Here are some of my measurements. I'll try to get the ones I'm lacking later, but these will do for now.

Take note that my initial measurements are not in here. I was dieting for about 4-6 weeks before I started doing my measurements. I initially weighed 208.8 lbs, and have no fitness photos.

Measurements - 1/22/08
    Wt: 196.6
    BF: 21.8%
    LM: 153.9
    FM: 42.7

1. Bicep 7
    2. Tricep 22
    3. Chest 8
    4. Ab 22
    5. Iliac 11
    6. Sub 15
    7. Thigh 29
    8. Calf 18
    9. Kidney 27
    total: 159

Measurements - 03/10/08

1. Bi: 6
    2. Tri: 12
    3. Chest: 4
    4. Ab: 17
    5. iliac: 9
    6. Sub: 12
    7. Thigh: 22
    8. Calf: 19
    9. Kid: 10

Wt. 186.4
    BF% 16.1%

Fat mass: 29.9
    LM: 156.5

05/13/08

Bicep 3
    Tricep 10
    Chest 3
    Ab 7
    Sub 7
    Iliac 4
    Kidney 11
    Thigh 15
    Calf 13

Weight: 175
    BF: 11.2%
    LM: 155.4
    FM: 19.6 lbs

06/02/08

WT: 168 lbs
    BF%: 11
    LM: 150
    FM: 18

Bi: 2.5
    Tri: 9
    Ch: 3
    Sub: 6
    Ab: 6
    Iliac: 4
    Thigh: 15
    Kid: 10
    Calf: 13

I ended up losing a bit of muscle, maybe, but I had weighed with shoes on in my previous measurements, and my eating schedule was different. I'll probably do some more measurements just for clarity.

On to the photos. They go in chronological order, so the forst 6 are 01/26/08, the next 5 are 03/10, the next 5 are 05/13, and the next next 6 are 05/31

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2008
  2. Yohan

01/26 continued

Attached Files:

3. Yohan

03/10/08

Attached Files:

4. Yohan

03/10/08 continued

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  5. Yohan

05/13/08

Attached Files:

6. Yohan

05/13/08 continued

Attached Files:

7. Yohan

05/31/08

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  8. Yohan

05/31/08 continued

Attached Files:

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Nice, nice, nice work, props for the thread, congratulations and what's next? :D

10. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Whoa :eek:

I reckon all MAP males should take similar pics :)

11. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

No wonder you're smiling in the later photos, theres some work gone into that.:)

12. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Phenomenal work mate! Major props for having made such a noticeable change. And it goes to prove something I've come to believe quite strongly lately: that the free advice of random guys on the internet is far more useful and accurate than that of paid personal trainers. ;)

Let me echo Coma's question and ask what your next set of goals from here are?

V - you won't be getting any pics of me for a while, I'm afraid - I can't compete with those abs! :eek:

13. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Cool thread dude. It's always interesting to put a face with a name. :D

Yeah you made some good changes there bro. Impressive. Funny enough I was going through some CF cards and found some earlier shots of me... same sort of story.... but I'm still working on adding more muscle. So I totally know where you're coming from. Will drop by with some questions later when I have a bit more free time.

14. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Not right now but maybe in the future if I have something to show, this thread is pretty inspirational.

15. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Wow!! Well done Yohan that is really impressive and inspiring! just shows what a little hard work and sound knowledge can do for you!

10/10!!

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hey Yohan, nice work,seriously! Good idea to keep photo's ,I'm not brave enough to do that yet :D

And NO I will not post bikini progress shots up!:D

It's good to know the people whose advice I listen to actually practise what they preach too.

17. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Hey little girly, didn't you read the title of the thread?...it says progress photos, something that wont apply to the likes of you weaklings! So therefore we won't need to worry about you posting any pictures up.

:D

18. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Shut up and put up you! :D

19. Yohan

Thanks everyone! All you folks over in H&F have made the task waay easier with your advice and encouragement. I seriously got my initial inspiration to start doing this stuff from y'all.

Right now I'm planning on practicing cutting weight. I'm going to practice and see if I can cut from 168 to 155, and recover adequately in about 6-8 hours. If I can cut to 155, I'll maintain this weight and try to fight at 155. If I can't, I'll start on a hypertrophy routine and try to hit about 177-178 so I can cut down to 170 and fight at that weight.

20. Yohan

To be fair, I was flexing my abs, ya know, in the photo where it looks like I have killer abs :D

My skin is still seriously loose, so my photos will likely look better in about 2 months. I can grab big handfuls of the stuff. About a month ago I could've gone sailing with the stuff.