Professor Chow Gravesite

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by BGile, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Well I would say it means he has said some things that he feels very deeply about and has used the term (liar) many times and other terms that are not conducive to good written conversation.

He is not a patch to what many have done over at Bullshido.

Banning I notice is something that happens at many locations to different persons for different reasons. Not a biggie IMHO... ;)

Gary

2. John Bishop

John Bishop Valued Member

Exactly

3. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

I have never met him, so I couldn't judge based on an internet personality. If he has been banned from all these different boards for calling others liars, and had no proof to back up his claims, then again, it taints his credibility. Passion is a great thing. It is noble. However, a General going into battle without troops is folly.

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

You consider my post to you huffy :rolleyes: You are the one who was totally wrong and I then explained it to you. But that is ok I really understand your slight anger about moving a grave of someone. The reason the fellow has contacted me and others.

The problem is it goes back to the 80's and even before, the stories that are so convoluted, it is scary that some still cling to them. The best that can be said is no one has really been injured over it. But this thing with moving a grave has risen the heat some.

It may escalate to the harsh feeling's that have gone on in the past. Truly a bitter feud.

Why it really needs to be aired and some are asking for help.

Regards,
    Gary

5. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

He claims to have many troops, but I believe he is somewhat out on a limb with many of the things he has stood up for.

He has really said some harsh things in the past, he has mentioned he is sorry for the rough language but not the intent. Some harsh items were said.

I have never seen such a brutal attack on a group as I did from him after the Chow Memorial towards the group he disagrees with.

He flooded the net at many locations and was banned and most were deleted.

He is trying a new tact, very hard to do when he is in the position he has put himself into.

I talked to him at the Memorial and on e-mail and have tried to help, but it only causes me harm.
    You will see when I send you the e-mails as to his plight. I am hoping you will handle it right.

Gary

6. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

I sent you my email Gary. So whenever you want to send is fine by me.

7. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Bwhahahaha Gary....glad you decided to grow some balls and come out with Lester's name. Geez was it that hard to do?

8. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

The bottom line Pacificshore is I was not telling you. :p As always you pull up some statement, that is crap.

By the way, Lester also mentions that his investigating into the "Vernon Cam" situation (that you clearly were a part of), is his confirmation as to being an 8th in Professor Chows organization, prior to the new system that was built by your GM. I'll be sending that to Nuck also.

Gary

9. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Lester Chow is the perfect person for you to be corresponding with Gary. Two of a kind.

10. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

No not really two of a kind.

But he is interested in seeing history brought back to a proper course, and not be so skewed as has happened by some.

Have you met him Danjo? He is a very humble guy, but when he gets a keyboard in front of him and an idea that he believes in, he is truly driven :D

Gary

11. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Let's see, he never met Prof. Chow and he never trained in the martial arts. Real authority on all things Kempo eh?

12. gmkuoha

gmkuoha Valued Member

Ahhhh...haaa, Now maybe everyone can see why this event is only for Kara-Ho Kempo Students and instructors and why it was never brought up till all our T's were crossed and all our I's were dotted. I am certainly not a fool. First of all we are doing a dedication first and everything after that is a bonus. I and Dr. Perry feel that for what this man gave us, he shouldn't be resting in an area that has been in Chapter 13 for the past 20+ years where the weeds and grass grows over the headstone and only a generic headstone sits in a place where there should be a real nice one...but allot of people talk but no one produces (heck you all know if this fits...you weren't around to help him and his wife out financially when they were alive, what would we think it would be different now).. The old, dry leaves covers the grave and the grass grows brown and if you think the Chinese customs deems the grave not be moved...there is no history such as that as I asked my mother's family who are all Chinese. If this fits your bill, then maybe you ought to look in the mirror and ask yourself as John Bishop says...maybe it's none of your business. I and Dr. Perry were and still is the closest to him and that includes Lester Chou, who claims being a relative, very distant I might add, and that Vernon Kam was an 8th dan under Professor Chow and if you believe that I have some oceanfront property in Arizona that you would probably buy. I don't think very much of any event that would not check out the credentials of any person making such claims and will allow them to demonstrate and expose his talents (none) in front of people. This is simply a very disrespectful gesture, no matter which way you look at it for Kam to do that and make a fool out of those observing. Again he was nothing more then a very low ranking student in Kara-Ho and only a white belt with Professor Chow as he only trained for a very short time. Watch him work out and you can make your own decision. I watched him and made my own and I have a video tape to prove it.

Lester Chou responded only after recieving a letter regarding this event and what we were doing, trying to stir up problems, like he always does, from John James. Wow...what a surprise! Not really, we made sure everything was intact before we published anything. And now I am glad I did what we decided to do with this event as we knew things like this would evolve as there are some that feeds off of negativity and controversies and believe me some of you certianly did not surprise us with all your comments. On another note, both were cremated so moving the ashes were not difficult plus I don't see anyone else trying to foot the bill of nearly $35,000 trying to make things a lot better for someone that they loved and respected.

Nuff said,
    Grandmaster Kuoha

13. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Danjo,
    That is a good point, regarding his back ground as a person of the Martial arts world.
    The folks he has aligned himself with (I am not aligned, just an observer as you have pointed out in the past) in the Chow organizational off shoots, are who help him, I am thinking.

There is a major division among the groups that have taken the name of Chow as their direct lineage to, Kenpo Karate or Go Shin Jutsu.

http://www.chinesekempo.org/

Some are for unity, others are not it appears. Nothing wrong with either approach in my opinion.

It is a free country and all are welcome to partake of it IMHO.

I am glad that the person who is directly involved is making a statement for all to read. Thank you GM Kuhoa.

Gary

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  14. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

I gotta be honest, I'm really not seeing what business it is of anyone elses, what a family do with their loved one's remains. Regardless of the guy's standing as a martial arts guru or whatever it really is down to the family.
    If it was my father or whatever I'd hate to think that there was some forum out there with a load of people I'd never heard of discussing whether or not I'd done a bad thing in deporting my family's remains as I see fit.
    Sure, its a free country, they're entitled to do that if they want, but I think its bad form. Its not something I'd want to get involved in any more than I would get involved in a discussion about why Auntie Mavis should get the family silver rather than Auntie Doris. Its a family matter end of story. IMO.

15. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

I agree with you. It's a family matter and not a Martial Arts community/forums. Let the family do as they want...end of story. I seriously think a mod should lock the thread...

16. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

As an aside, if you really want to know people's opinions on relocating remains, you should maybe have kept it general. Nothing wrong with a discussion about that. But by naming names you make it personal and that makes things a little different. Suggest in future that you can achive better results by providing less information? Even saying 'I was contacted by a friend of the family' is fine as long as you dont name names. You're likely to get a much more productive discussion.
    :D

17. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

I seriously think a mod should lock the thread...

I agree here..this thread should be locked as anything else would be asked and answered over and over again....Unless anyone else enjoys watchin Gary chase his tail :rolleyes:

18. Lily

Lily Valued Member

All I can say is that the girls seem to know best (Gufbal, NBD :D)

I'm going to call myself Lily Chow from now on and move random gravestones.

19. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

wow

Gary I thought we had covered all of this before...We have the certificate for Vernon Kam for Advanced White belt and a video of him performing (again as an advanced white belt). Didn't he tell you all his BB certs were lost in a fire or something? Professor Chow wanted Kwai-Sun Company to be formed to STOP this kind of garbage from happening with people making outrageous claims of rank and what-not. We keep track not just of every black-belt in Kara-Ho but EVERY rank certificate is numbered and records are kept at HQ.

All Vernon has is a business card saying 8th dan Kara-Ho, and you do not know which way to believe here? LOL

Yeah we are pretty much a bunch of crooks huh? Trying to give Professor a better place to rest, paying out of our own pocket...Just like we did after he died and we sent money to Patsy Chow for her to live on...Geesh I am soo sick of all of this crap, no matter what we have done for ALL THESE YEARS and what proof we provide, there are still going to be naysayers and people who like to try to stir trouble. GARY

By the way Stephen Chow was a druggee as far as I can tell and Lester is a distant relative (apparently) of Professor Chow who never trainined in MA or met Professor and he is trying to hire a "brown-belt or above" to go teach the "true Kara-Ho" in a temple somewhere under his supervision.

Geesh--

20. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

LOL Lily...

and yes, we do know what's best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.