Professor Chow Gravesite

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by BGile, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I have been getting some e-mails regarding, moving Professor Chows remains to a new location and putting up a new headstone.

I was curious if others have heard this, and what they think about it?

A family member contacted me and mentioned, he felt it was wrong and should not be done. I am not sure if it can be done without a lot of paperwork, and if many family members are against it.

Any thoughts on the last resting location of someone?

I am sure the cost is very high and good intentions are involved, some feel it is not a good idea, others might think it is ok.

I am sure the ones who feel strongly will voice an opinion, others will not.

Gary

2. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Gary you should start a stamp collection.

3. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

;)

4. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Which family member contacted you?

5. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Is that important to the idea of moving the remains of a person, just asking a question?

I am just asking others how they feel about moving the body of someone already placed in the ground.

I, after posting thought it might have been better to post in the off topic area about the question, it would receive quite a bit of people, looking at that location instead of here. What do you think, should I ask to have it changed to the off topic spot?

Gary

6. John Bishop

John Bishop Valued Member

I think it's nobody's business, except the next of kin. Being someone's distant relative doesn't give you any standing when there's a surviving son or daughter.
    So if Stephen Chow has a problem with it, it's his business and no one else's.

7. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

John,

Well that is a thought and your opinion, actually that is the reason for the post.

Since it is a family issue, and more to it then that, it would best be moved to general discussion. I have asked the mods if they would do it. My mistake on putting it into the political arena of ken/mpo.

It just is not a family thing, apparantly others are involved also. But I do agree with you John, and why I felt others might want to read about it and make a comment or not.

This is in my original post:
    I am sure the ones who feel strongly will voice an opinion, others will not.

As I understand it is a situation of importance to Chinese and the way of thinking, let the remains be left alone.

Similar to why roads are moved, and graves are not touched in some cities, all over the U S of A.

As far as the son speaking up, maybe he is doing just that, through others.

Gary

8. John Bishop

Your just not getting it Gary.
    It's none of your business. It's none of my business. It's nobody on this forums business.
    Anybody who's wanting to do anything with the grave site; move it, erect a monument, etc., will have to deal with the immediate family and gov't agencies. Again, their business, not ours. Why is it you insist on prying into other people's private lives?

9. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

This is not private John.

I was asked to do this, same as you are asked to do what you do by others or so you mention.
    I just wrote an E-mail to the person, telling him I have done what has been asked of me.

John you are really a very interesting person, a LEO retired, and still one who has such a narrow view of freedom.

Regards,
    Gary

10. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Gary, you really need a hobby/life. I'm glad I'm going to be cremated so that Gary (who is not related in any way to me nor does he know me, has never met me) won't be able to move my grave stone when the time comes.

Plus I love how you mention that 'someone' asked you to do this but when called out can NEVER verify this. I can see you enjoy feeling important in the hierarchy of things, but fantasising like this is very unhealthy for you.

11. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

It would be easy enough to verify. Who asked you to post this here Gary?

12. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

No Lilly, that is in your mind. And since Nuck has asked me, I'll respond to him.

I don't want to move the grave, others want to move it and the man I mentioned and the son of Professor Chow don't want it moved Lilly.

I am not involved with the Item other than asking what others feel is right.
    Should it be moved or not, what do you think Lilly?

Gary

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  13. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Ok, You I will tell who sent me the request, I'll even forward the entire e-mail to you.
    It was Lester Chow.
    I am sure others might have thought that, but he is doing it for himself and others.

Gary

14. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

i think somebody *cough*lily*cough* needs to eata lil' crow

you came in hard with the left hook lookin' 4 the quick KO.... impressive.... but he bobbed under and took you to the mat.......BLAM

air knocked out of you.. on the floor in a flying triangle....

impressive Gary... impressive

15. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Haha, it worked didn't it? He got a little huffy and has now come out with the name.

16. John Bishop

If I do, it's for people who don't have internet access, or computers. Then I say who asked me to post for them.

If the person can write emails, they can post for themselves. But it's always easy to deny something when someone else says it for you.

Actually, I believe in all of our American freedoms. Including the right to privacy.

17. Nuck Chorris

I think you still have my email address Gary. If not, I'll send it to you again. I am not sure why Lester would need you to write on his behalf in a forum where we don't have much say on what would go on anyways. Right?

18. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

John,
    When asking for the change of venue regarding the thread I informed the Mod that the nephew of the Professor asked me to do this. One of the reasons I did not say his name at first is I did not feel it was really needed since all I was asking was opinions about the move pro or con.

The thread took a turn of attacking me as usual LOL..

I am not so sure this is a private matter. But the ones closest to the man asked me to post something so I did.

John you better than others (along with myself) know the hard feeling's that are between these folks. I am a messenger as before and that is it. Sorry if you are feeling this is a personal matter. It is for them, not you or me I'd think.

Gary

19. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Nuck,
    He has been banned even more than I have :D Please e-mail me.

Gary

20. Nuck Chorris

and what does that say about him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.