Problems that will make cause problems for my martial arts

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Marku, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

I have a few breathing problems and other things that could effect my martial arts ,any suggestions or thoughts on it?

1. I can only breath through one nostrol quite well while the other one doesnt work so well(when i have colds or anything it can be the opposite nostrol)

2. I have nose bleeds but very rarely(just had one 10 minutes ago but stoped within a few minutes) and i heard you can have operations to stop them occuring much?

3. I have asthma (but ive never had any major life threatening attacks)

4. One leg shorter than the other( my leg came out of its socket when i was very young, was in hospital for 2 weeks with weights on my leg) ( Bruce lee apparantly had one leg shorter than the other so this may not cause any problems)

5. Weird Bones!(Bones in my shoulders come out of there things and click alot when i raise my arms up and down, can hurt just alittle after long repetitive arm movement and pretty much all my body clicks somewhere but the shoulder ones are the closest to hurting)

I think the only advantages i have are being double jointed!, thats suppose to be good for flexability i hear... i also seem to have quite alot of muscle around my shoulders(i carry a very heavy bag alot, about 1 1/2 stone!)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2003
  2. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I would suggest checking in with a doctor before starting MA and talking to your Sensei about your problems...

3. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

Ive mentioned my bones to my doctor and he said it was nothing to worry about, they're just weird >_< but maybe ill never get dislocated in the arms since they slot back in and out all the time. eh? o_O