Problem with my boxing gloves

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MindTricks, Apr 19, 2013.

1. MindTricks

MindTricks Valued Member

when my hands get sweaty they start sliding inside when i punch very hard
    i am not sure where the problems is... is it me just me not punching properly, my wraps or bad gloves.
    i got venum challenger boxing gloves and 180 wraps

Maybe i need to get longer wraps to stuff my glove a bit more ? i also have seen a guy wrapping little sponges on his knuckles, i guess it was for keeping moisture out ?

thx in advice

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Looking at the gloves and the price range, the don't look much better then what you can pick up at your local sports store (usually horrible quality). I had a pair of cheap gloves and they lasted me about a month between the velcro going out, the padding getting worn down, and too much room in the hand.

Your glove should be a tight fit once you put it on (with wraps). If you can't afford a new pair of gloves, tape about 4-6 inches of the wrist with sports tape and that should keep them from sliding. You should really just buy some quality gloves though.

3. MindTricks

MindTricks Valued Member

how about top king ? or twins ? thats what every one uses at our gym and i can also buy it there

thats should sort it yeah ?

4. Ero-Sennin

Can you order online, it'll open your options up quite a bit and Title is having a sale on a lot of their stuff (not sure if you're in the U.S.)? All I can recommend is Rival Boxing Gear because they are all I've used so far.

Oh, and the sponge thing is probably for knuckle protection. I haven't seen anybody throw a sponge in while they are working out for moisture yet, but I've had to put toilet paper/cloth on my knuckles before.

5. MindTricks

MindTricks Valued Member

yeah i can get it online and im in UK,

i will look in to it mate, thanks

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Venum gloves are usually OK.

I bought a pair of cheap Boxing gloves from Playwell.com and they lasted me years.
    Just make sure your gloves are tight enough or your wraps arent coming undone?
    Its a difficult one to judge over the internet...

7. Ero-Sennin

Of course a cheap brand of gloves worked for you. Not much stress put on them when you're beating on the soft, innocent faces of young boys and girls. :D

Edit: The link you provided took me to a website for playground equipment ???

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Sugar Rays do some decent stuff and their shop is based in Essex.

9. Boxer123

Boxer123 New Member

You should buy some Addidas gloves, when I was boxing these were the gloves I used, you can buy them from the internet and they are rather cheap. Also with your wraps, you don't really need the sponge you could try to place some normal bandage in between your fingers and wrap your knuckles in bandage first then put your wraps on ... This is something my trainer always told me to do, it stops the friction in the gloves and prevents cuts on your knuckles as well...