Prison Guards Fired.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Nevada_MO_Guy, Oct 1, 2006.

?

Two Guards Fired, Agree or Disagree with reason.

1. Agree - Tampering with evidence is Tamper with evidence, period

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Disagree - The inmate is already in prison and guilty. Doesn't have the right to be offended.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Neither - The guards might have overstepped their authority, but firing is a bit much.

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Two prison guards suspected of supplying the picture were fired for making unauthorized copies of an evidence photo, said Rich Larsen, a spokesman for the Wabash Valley state prison in Carlisle, about 70 miles north of Evansville.
    Fired for Photo

2. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Personally I think the scumbag, and scumbags like it, should have to be tattooed like that anyway. At least some other scum believe that it's scum.

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Jail-house justice! Even in prison there are "bottom feeders"! I don't have an issue with guards being fired for this. I was a C.O. for 8 years and I know that we can not violate prisoner's rights in any manner. This was an inmate on inmate attack. A crime none-the-less. The pics would have come out during trial but as C.o.'s, we still have a duty to protect a vitctim.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

It goes without saying that not too many people are going to shed a tear for the child molester who got force inked by a fellow inmate.

On the other hand... yes a crime against another inmate is still a crime. So obviously the inmate who did the force inking of the molesters forehead shoud be up for some punishment under the law as well.

As for the guards... yeah I don't know about fired. Reprimanded might have been better... but fired... maybe a bit too much. But there are many other factors involved. Not the least of which is the image of the warden and the prison... so these guys could have easily have shot themselves in the foot by publishing a photo that makes their superiors look bad.

But no doubt they knew the rules required by their job and they chose to intentionally break them - so they now pay the price.

I couldn't help but post the photo... :eek:

Attached Files:

5. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

To illustrate some politics w/in the correctional system I was in:

A Correctional Officer, does not follow Standard Operating Procedure, and an inmate escapes.
    PUNISHMENT: Demotion, loss of pay.

A Supervisor forces citizens off the road, while driving his personal vehicle, and impersonates a cop. Said officer threatens family with tickets. Citizens complain to the police who direct them to Jail Administrators.
    PUNISHMENT: Paid mental leave, counseling, and then is given supervisory position where he has nothing but contact with the general public.

Regular C.O.'s make stupid adding mistakes which means inmates have to be counted again. Adding mistakes found, count clears, all is good. These 'mistakes' happen 3 times in a year. Officers are fired!

Inmate gets assaulted by another inmate, Officers and Administration sued becaues inmate blames Department for not protecting him. (Inmate left his arresting documents out and other inmates discovered he was a child molester). *** I was involved in this one! Took a bunch of lawyers 3 years to figure out that I was not even working on the day of the assault, the inmate just knew my name. ***RESULT: Inmate was awarded $25,000.00

So you all determine how these systems operate. After working in one for 8 years I couldn't. But I did know this, if you do ANYTHING that is not S.O.P., at best you could be sued; at worst, locked up!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Your post sounds spot on.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Even scum inmates have rights. Once they've been sentenced by the courts they need to serve their sentences, not be assaulted by other inmates. Otherwise why not just give them all knives and let them have at it regardless of crime or sentence.

If the guards broke the law they should be held accountable just like anyone else.