PRIDE Spoiler! CroCop vs Barnett

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Adam, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Adam

Adam New Member

Spoilers below

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAAAAA, Mirko CroCop defeats Josh Barnett at 0.47 into the first round by SUBMISSION! AND IT AIN'T EVEN A JOKE! :D

Apparently, Barnett tried to pull his arm away from CroCop while inside his closed guard and accidentally got his shoulder dislocated.

This kicks so much ass! This will only be surpassed the day Bob Sapp pulls of a flying armbar on Royce Gracie :cool:

Still, Barnett will get his chance to get back at CroCop soon enough. He's gonna be ****ED after losing like that.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

That's quite sad if it was an accident. These guys train HARD and for it to end like that so quickly - he must be gutted :(

3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

I couldn't watch the fight, wasn't at home, but a friend of mine told me that Barnett lost due to his injury. Now that really sux!

4. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

always a shame for fights to end by injury. as yoda said the last fewmonths of the fighters lives have been devoted to training for that one fight and it just ended like that. should have been a good fight for the fans too

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

It's a shame it ended with an injury. Did it count as a submission or a ref stoppage?
    Must be worrying for CroCop that Barnett had him on the mat in the first minute. Doesn't bode well for a rematch

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Gawww! As i left for work, i was listening to the enterence of Barnett and Cro cop! Ive been at work today begging to hear the results lol!

7. Judecca

Judecca New Member

:bang: <----My reaction to this match

It was almost as bad as the fight between Emelianenko and Thompson. But unlike the Emelianenko v. Thompson match, I was pleased with the final outcome.

Barnett was making some awful big boasts, and he was making personal insults against CroCop. In Greek tragedy, folks who take this path start with their hubris (tossing out insults and feeling big), wind up in ate (temporary madness from getting rocked by the big Croatian) and get their nemesis (the shame of getting owned by the person you boasted against).

He got his just desserts. :cool:

8. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

his *insults* are just to hype the fights. Nothing more.

And yes that fight was stupid.

9. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Silly as it sounds I would rather lose that wat than a Cro Cop special head kick!!!

Unlucky for Josh though but I still think Cro Cop is too much for him.

10. Zen TKD Warrior

Zen TKD Warrior New Member

The whole card - except for Allistair "Overhyped" was outstanding. Even the Bobish - Hunt fight was good. Thought Bobish had that one. Hunt DID look like he was embarassed with the fight. He couldn't help it that Bobish gassed.

Rampage vs. Silva - kinda like the last fight. Rampage had the first round. At the start of the second you could see he was pretty much gasssed. Best fight of the night. The pool of blood on the mat and coming from Jackson was pretty cool. Even my wife liked the fight.

2 dislocated shoulders!!!

Was surprised by the fight between the English guy and Fedors bro - Alexander. Alexander looked like he was bored. Guess it proves you shold never underestimate your opponent.

Arona, to me, was a punk. He submitted the guy than keeps the hold after the bell. Still mad about the slam from Jackson. He should be. Jackson looked like he was going to slam Silva acouple of times but Silva let go to avoid the slam. There should be a lesson there.

One last observation - KNEES, KNEES, KNEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It was a shame it stopped so early. It started off looking like it was going to be a great fight!
    Like Yoda said, it's a real shame that the fight had to end like it did. Both fighters undoubtly trained really hard for the fight, spent time away from their families, dedicated themselves; and it ends in under a minute...

Cro cop stands up and is looking around as if to say "Huh? Why'd he tap?! What did i do!?" :)

I'll try and post the fight for ya'll within the next 2 days...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

News has it, that Barnett has to have surgery on his shoulder, or he runs a greater risk of dislocation. So he'll be outa action for about 4 - 6 months.

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I thought some of you might like to know that Josh Barnett has recentally updated his online diary explaining what happened during his fight against Cro cop.

14. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

haha, I loved that fight. Absolutely superb. Saw Alexander get a bit angry and Fedor smiled! Fedor DOES have emotions it seems... hopefully someone got a photo of that one, be a long time before we see it again.

15. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Ive seen Thompson fight twice before (in local MMA compitition about an hours drive from here), and i was quite pleased to see him lose.

It made me laugh the way Thompson tenses and screams on his introduction, and Alexander just calmy stands there as if hes no idea whats going on :D

And yes, Despite what you might belive :) Fedor does have emotions. Ive a video of him cursing and swearing at the TV as he watches Cro cop beat his brother, Alexander.

16. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

I saw that vid. I have heard a few interesting translations.:D

17. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol yes, I was quite supprised at Fedor really. :)