PRIDE middleweight GP Results *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Yukimushu, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's looking that way; he should just call it a day if you ask me. He just doesn't seem to have that drive and determination he once had.

2. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

I think Jackson is still a good fighter, just not one who has learned from his mistakes. Come on Jackson, learn to deal with the clinch. Those knees kill you.

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I was referring to Vitor Belfort :)

Your right though. Jackson is still an excellent figher - he just needs to work his clinch.

4. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

I want vitor to keep going, i mean every fighter runs into a time when they got this losing streak......i think. I think he's got too many things going on in his personal life to be able to be the fighter he once was.

5. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

hehe oops :eek:

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I think Jackson should just take a bit of time off and train with some other guys, but Pride certainly haven't helped him. Think about it - Crocop got KO'd by Randleroid and had a couple of "tune up" fights in Bushido to get his confidence back. Jackson takes one of the best KO's ever from Silva, then gets thrown in against the rest of the Chute Boxe squad who clearly know his game. If he mixes up his training a bit, fights a couple of cans, he'll be a force again

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I kinda felt bad for Jackson; he'd just lost to a fight against Silva, so what did they do? Throw him right back into the Chute Boxe pool to fend for himself against Shogun! It was just plain evil.

8. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

he beat ninja though

9. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

officially, however Jackson didnt actually win

After the fight you could see him saying "you won" to ninja, because it was a really bad decision.

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

He did beat Ninja, but to throw him back in against Ninja's brother (who is arguably much better than Ninja) seemed alittle harsh considering the battering he'd taken from Silva just a few months before.

So far, his last 3 fights have been against 3, very serious Chute boxe guys :)

11. crovax612

crovax612 Valued Member

Rampage vs. SHogun Highlight

Hey guys, here's a highlight of the Rampage vs Shogun fight for anyone that's interested.

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2T015N6786F4A0S8Z62PK89B1R

You can hear Rampage telling his corner that one of his ribs is broken at around 6 minutes left in round 1. Man, Oyama really should have thrown in the towel :(.

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

The last thing you want is a cornerman who isn't prepared to throw in the towel as your getting kicked in the face by a 200lb Chute Boxe tough nut.

13. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

that was difficult to watch. quinton has no 'rampage' left in him.

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It looks like he will keep going :) After the Overeem fight, he was interviewed whilst in his hotel room: This is what he had to say:

15. impala

impala New Member

Why were the fighters tired so early?
    The commentator suggested something like the difference in heigth (thinner air) from Tokyo and Osaka ~~

16. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

makes me sick people would ring up and say things like that. humans are depressing.

17. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I've heard similar stories as well, supposedly it takes a while for the body to climatize to the altitude differences between where the fight takes place, and the place at which the fighter spent most his time training.

Not to mention the adrenaline rush you experience when fighting - no doubt that's the number 1 oxygen guzzler.

18. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Barry McGuigan's last boxing fight was a classic example of this and both before and afterwards he said the heat was getting him and he was gassing due to the change in air, he said he needed longer to climatise.

Apparently its fairly common.

For me no big upsets and pleased I called the Silva fight well as I knew as good as he is his fight would be tough.

Also glad Big IGOR got through, Igor Silva final I hope depending on the draws but it would be a fantastic fight.

19. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's really good to see Igor back on form after his neck injury due to Cro cops kick.