PRIDE GP! Fedor VS TK

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Lucharaan, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

[​IMG]

Fedor is going to fight this man at Bushido 6!: [​IMG]

This will be the second time they've fought because TK is the only fighter Fedor has ever lost to!

Oh yea and check out the PRIDE GP 2005!

8 Fighters have been selected:
    Yuki Kondo
    Mauricio Shogun
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (He's gonna win it!)
    Vanderlei Silva
    Kasushi Sakuraba
    Kazuhiro Nakamura
    Hidehiko Yoshida

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It should be an interesting fight - But to be honest, I think Fedors going to win this one. He lost to Kohsaka via a cut 5 years ago in King of Kings.

Since then, Fedors been at the top of the barrel fighting some excellent opponents; where as Kohsaka has seemed to stay 1 step lower.

Non the less, it should turn out to be a good fight :)

3. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

Yup Im confident Fedor will GnP TK to kingdom come.

Having said that I don't really know all that much about TK...how does anyone else rate his chances?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'm picking Fedor by murder. Their first fight should've been a no contest as Fedor's cut was caused by an elbow which was an illegal strike in Rings
    As for the M/W GP, it's going to be a great series of fights; I'm picking Silva to win it again purely because betting against him is stupid

5. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

TK Is the current champion of PANCRASE. This fight will be champion VS champion.

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Champion of Pancrase or not; I still don't think he's the as higher calibur as the Fedornator :)

7. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

LOL I'm betting Nogueira will meet him in the finals and coke him to death!

8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Good luck with that. Don't put much money on it though ;)

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Wanderlei vs Nog would sure be an interesting fight :D I'd bet you it'd go the distance to descision though...

10. shootodog

shootodog restless native

tk shouldn't do this. i love the man and admire his work but he's not ready for fedor. the fedor he beat isn't the same man he'll meet.

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Thats got a good ring to it ;)

I'd definatly have to go with you on that one :) Fedor has evolved and progressed past Tsuyoshi.

Though this fight with Fedor will undoubtly put him in the limelight.

12. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i also think that fedor will win.

apparently in june fedor will fight cro cop. that's the fight i'm waiting for. cro cop will win of course :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I think everyone is waiting for this Cro cop vs Fedor matchup; I know I am! :D

It'd be great to see how Cro cop's awesome sprawls stand up to Fedors takedowns and ground game.

14. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

yes, people usually relate cro cop with stand up fight, but he has improved a lot his ground skills as well. this fight means everything to him.

last weekend a MMA tournament took place in Croatia and 3 fighters from cro cop's team competed and they lost. a friend of mine went there, he was one of the judges. he said that cro cop was shocked to see all of his fighters lose. cro cop was also the special guest at this tournament and in the ring before the fights started he announced the fight with fedor. he simply lives for it.

15. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

Yea but remember TK would not have taken this fight if he wasnt ready. In his interview he is definetly having something up his sleeve. And we all know that TK is not one to talk trash...

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

This fight is definatly going to be up there as one of his most difficult fights, and I really do hope his ground game has improved; but I seriously doubt that Cro cop will intentionally try to take Fedor down unless he absolutely positively has to.

17. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

I agree with you, but if/when the fight goes to the ground at one point, we might expect to see improvements.

and i also agree with you that it'll be the most difficult fight of his career, but he has put everything he has got into it. he trains in excellent conditions with great people.

we'll see if that'll be enough against fedor. i truly hope it will.

i have found the report from the above mentioned Croatian tournament, Nokaut 1, in English, so here is the link for all of you who are interested. Many of you have probably never heard for some of the fighters but still there were some surprises at the tournament, and it was a tournament worth seeing: http://www.muaythaibrno.cz/links/news.php?id=980&lang=english

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I don't :) I'm not a huge fan of Cro cop; i'd much rather see Fedor win. :)

19. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

in the fight minotauro vs cro cop, my vote was for minotauro, but in this one, i'm all for cro cop :)

20. Svarog

Svarog New Member

I think the fight is sceduled for June 26th.