pride gloves

Discussion in 'MMA' started by westsideBB, Jan 27, 2005.

1. westsideBB

westsideBB New Member

whats up guys. . .dont know if this is the right section to be placing this thread. my question is does anyone know who makes the gloves that everyone wears in pride and where can you buy them.

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I've tried looking for some not so long ago; not because I wanted to buy a pair, but simply because I was interested to see the design of them and see a picture of them closer up :) I can't remember who it was who made them, but im sure I can find out.

On the Pride website, there is the following question answered:

So the answer to your initial question is no :) Not just yet :D

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeah well you better live in Japan or America where they sell it.
    I went to the Pride FC website....guys were charging $50 just to send it. The T-shirt costs only lik $20, so thats like $70 for T-shirt.

Though it was Sak's Barcode tee so I almost did...then I found out my little sister is going to Japan, so she's getting a small shopping list :D:D

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Is that the "Where there's a will..." tshirt?

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

6. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

I know DSE gives them out but I'm not sure who makes them. You can buy those style gloves on sherdog.com though. They come in yellow and black.

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

They are not the same gloves as those feauted in Pride; The ones on Sherdog are the Ouano gloves featured in UFC :)

In the Sakuraba vs Vovchanchin fight, you get a clear view of the brand written on the gloves, called "Xing".

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  8. westsideBB

westsideBB New Member

thanks guys. . .a buddy of mine is getting ready to fight his first cage fight so i thought it would be a nice gift, he is a big pride fan. . .ill keep my eyes open for them to come to the states soon.

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It's a great gift idea :) I presume the compitition rules allow only a stated brand of fight gloves?

10. LeeGreg89

LeeGreg89 Valued Member

what about the Kanehara vs Silva fight i read the logo said something FromR

11. INTERNAL BOXING

INTERNAL BOXING Banned Banned

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yes, the Hunter gloves do look very smiliar :) I never knew hunter made fight gloves...

13. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Ohhh, those Hunter's are pretty, especially in the red. I think I need a pair for "spare" in case my Fairtex's die on me. Either that or I just want a pair :D

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I was told that UFC are soon to be changing from Ouano gloves, to those pretty fairtex ones that you've got :)

And as for the Hunter gloves, i can barely do up my shoe laces! let alone a pair of gloves :D

15. Sever

Sever Valued Member

That's a good idea. The Ouano's are pants, it feels like having a brick taped to your hand they're so stiff. I bet you'll never see any freak Belfort/ Couture cuts from a Fairtex :D

16. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Don't forget tony fryukland.
    and arent' the pride gloves just MMA gloves?

17. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

See, Tony got a nasty cut....

Attached Files:

18. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Yes, I'm aware of Mr Fryukland's cut, and his work. It didn't come from the poorly designed seam of an Ouano glove though, did it?
    There are many variants of MMA gloves and no one's quite sure which company makes the official Pride gloves, which sucks because I want a pair

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  19. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Tony needed a plaster after that :)

You've got a pair of Fairtex gloves though? is that not enough? :D

20. Sever

Sever Valued Member

You'd think so, really, wouldn't you :D Like I say, you've always gotta have some spares! I daresay I won't get any new gloves until it looks like the current ones are on their last legs which considering the quality of them, won't be for quite a while :)