Pride: Bushido 7 results

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Yukimushu, May 22, 2005.

1. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Pride: Bushido 7 results *spoiler*

I've been waiting for this for along time now, it had an amazing fight card with some really good names fighting.

Pride: Bushido 7 results:
    Charles Bennett beats Yoshiro Maeda by KO - 1:55 of round 1
    Jens Pulver beats Tomomi Iwama by KO - 1:00 of round 1
    Yves Edwards beats Dokonjonosuke Mishima by Submission (Armbar): 4:36 of round 1
    Aaron Riley beats Omigawa Michihiro by KO (Kick) - 6:00 of round 1
    Hayato Sakurai beats Milton Vieira by Decision - 5:00 of round 2
    Akihiro Gono beats Crosley Gracie by Decision - 5:00 of round 2
    Tatsuya Kawajiri beats Kim In Seok by TKO (Corner Stoppage)- 3:28 of round 1
    Ryo Chonan beats Antonio Schembri by Decision - 5:00 of round 2
    Phil Baroni beats Ikuhisa Minowa by KO - 2:04 of round 1
    Takanori Gomi beats Luiz Azeredo by KO -3:46 of round 1

Once again, I was really glad to see Gomi win :D and nice to see Pulver get a 60 second KO! :D

Last edited: May 23, 2005
  2. impala

impala New Member

Ragh you should say **SPOILER** in the topic, thought this is another speculation topic oO

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I honestly thought "Bushido results" would give it away :)

4. Daffy

Daffy Valued Member

i just watch'd the first 6 fights and so far it's really good!

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

:eek: Baroni in "Winning a fight" shocker :eek:
    The Yves Edwards and Gomi fights were great and the Pulver KO was incredible

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Pulvers fight was awesome :D It was over so fast. Very good reffing as well, he seen Tomomi Iwama was temporarily out, and just about to take alot more leather, so he jumped in there and stopped the fight.

Baroni and Minowa was a real war, they were both gassed right at the end lol :)

The fact that Gomi had to be pryed off Azeredo shocked me; but it was good of him to appologise to Azeredo and the Chute Box team as he did.

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  7. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

All I have to say is that Right hook by Gomi was one of the more brutal things Ive seen in the Pride ring....in fact its up there with Crocop's KO on Vovchanchyn...

8. MattK

MattK New Member

Could i get a quick explanation of the difference between PRIDE and bushido?

I havnt seen either on TV, only 1 pride dvd, and loved it, but it mentions bushido in some of the adverts at the start.

9. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Bushido is Pride's show dedicated to their lightweight (they call it lightweight but it's anything up to 185lbs I believe, so that's a pretty broad scope) division with the emphasis on action. There are only 2 rounds and referrees are pretty hard on stalling fighters. They're both great

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

It seems to me that Bushido doesn't quite have the fan base that PrideFC does; which is a shame really as because it's host to some truely excellent fighters.

11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

It's pretty new though. I think given time it'll do pretty well, especially in Japan since the Japanese fighters are very dominant at that weight right now. Whether it'll take off in the west remains to be seen - for some reason people like watching the big guys more than the smaller ones, even though they often put on much more exciting fights

12. MattK

MattK New Member

Thanks,

Im just getting into watching MMA. Its just a bit annoying as the only stuff on UK TV is ufc.

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I agree, I think Bushido will do well; whilst it may not reach the fan base of Pride, DSE have proven they're serious about it and started to bring in some really good names.

14. impala

impala New Member

btw, what was up with gomi?
    he kept going and going at his opponent when he was down ...

15. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

About Gomi he said that no-one had ever hit him as hard before as Luiz Azeredo did and it got to him emotionally. Plus imagine the adrenaline involved at that level of fighting.

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

After the fight, Gomi said: "I am sorry for my disrespectful attitude against the Brazilian team and Brazilian peoples who love and support this sport very much, Well, this was my first match in past six months and he gave me good punishment. So I felt like I have to send a message.

I didn’t fight for half year, then when I stood up in the ring, I felt like I’m taking somebody’s challenge, not like I’m challenging somebody. Then after I ate several punches … yeah one of the punches hit my eye so I was upset. But at that time, I saw Luiz is bleeding from his forehead somehow and he didn’t rush at that moment. So, he missed the chance. Then I calmed myself down, and started establishing my game with my corner. "

17. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

Anyone have clips of this...

I'm a huge Gomi fan and I'm surprised to hear this

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I would help you out by uploading it for you, but it's quite a large file and I have limited space on my hosting account.