Pride 29

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Lucharaan, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

DSE is about to hold Pride 29. This card has a lot of good fights on it.

So far:

Mirko Crocop VS Mark Coleman
    Murilo Ninja VS Quinton Jackson
    Takahashi Yoshiki VS Igor Vovchanchyn
    Alistair Overeem VS Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

http://www.prideofficial.com/free/result/event/1106798472.html Check the website for more info.

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I feel you should mention that these match-ups are at time, unofficial. So don't go getting too excited folks as the fights may change :)

But with that said, apparently Pride have just made an offer to Pedro Rizzo :D

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  3. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

PEDRO RIZZO!? NO WAY! HE SHOULD FIGHT SILVA! He'll be the first heavyweight to knock him out. Pfft even Yoshida and Crocop couldn't handle him.

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

That's if he does accept of course :) I'm sure he will though, he's not been in the UFC since beating Ricco Rodriguez by UD at UFC 45, and supposedly he's been working really hard on his Boxing, Muay Thai, aggression and ground game.

If he does accept Prides offer, im sure DSE will end up organising a Silva vs Rizzo fight! (which should be excellent :D )

But at the moment, im looking forward to UFC 51 :Angel:

5. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Is Choi the former ssirum wrestler?

Cro Cop vs Coleman should be interesting.

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

If the Cro cop v. Coleman fight does go ahead, and Crocop doesnt knock Coleman out; I'll bet we'll be in for another tedious Coleman vs Frye style match again.

7. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

I don't see Coleman winning this though.

Touch wood of course.

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I don't see him winning it either to be honest, But if he's able to get Cro cop on the floor, he'll definatly want to keep him there and do his thing.

9. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

You guys have such little faith in The Hammer. I can see Coleman winning this thing all the way, Crocop is nobody!

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'm not a huge fan of his fighting style thats all :) I find his Hammer house tactics to be very unentertaining. I would much rather watch a talented grappler such as Nog fight Cro cop again to be honest!

11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Crocop by KTFO. Here's how I predict the fight going - they square off, Coleman eats a couple of punches and goes for the shoot. Crocop sprawls. Coleman shoots again. Crocop sprawls. Coleman takes five minutes trying to stand back up because he's gassed out. Crocop gets bored of waiting for him to lift his guard back up and nearly kicks his head off :D
    Ninja Rua and Rampage should be a great match; I'm glad Rua's gone back to lhw, he didn't really look too great at heavyweight and it'll be good to see Igor back on the big show

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'm REALLY looking forward to the Rampage v Ninja fight :) Ninja is an excellent fighter. I love watching him.

13. Swoop

Swoop Valued Member

I don't think crocop can avoid colemans takedowns that easily. Coleman is a world class wrestler and took Fedor down.

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Cro cop does have an excellent sprawl, and im sure Coleman will be alittle hesitant about getting close for the shoot. I'm just hoping Coleman can't keep Cro cop on the floor, otherwise we're in for a very boring fight :(

15. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

I would laugh my head off if Crocop pulls a submission an Coleman.

And no I wouldn't be too surprised if it happens either.

I hope Nakamura fights in this to big fan of his.

16. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Crocop has one of the best sprawls in the game. In this respect, I feel he surpasses Fedor. However, should Coleroid be able to take him down, I think he's good enough on the mat now to stalemate it long enough to get stood back up. If that happens a couple of times, with the kind of cardio Coleman's shown, Crocop will have a punchbag in that ring. I'd love it if he submits Coleman though :D

17. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

I mean never say never but Coleman has very little on Crocop.