Prayers for the Pope

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ATF, Apr 2, 2005.

1. ATF

ATF Valued Member

I humbly ask all Christians and Non Christians to pause for a moment today and say a prayer for the Holy Father.

Peace,
    ATF

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Time for prayers is over, I'm afraid.

Pope John Paul II has just died.

BBC News link

3. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

ye i just heard that.

4. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

R.i.p

R.I.P may his soul rest in peace. No matter whether you agree with his ideas or not, he has been respected all around the world.

5. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Regardless of religion, belief, or race... He was a great man. That alone shows how much we'll miss him.

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah, his big push in africa to stop the use of condoms- remember kids, they dont work against teh aids- what a great person. I feel happy for him though, at least now he doesnt have to be a skeletal puppet, carted out and propped up by the church.

7. john yates

john yates Valued Member

we all go in to the light

8. Gojira

Gojira New Member

R.I.P.
    john paul II

9. smiff

smiff Valued Member

He was a good man and will be missed serverly by millions all over the world. Me and my friends may be young but we have great respect for the man with all he has done and we are glad he can now rest in peace.

LUKE + Co

10. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

He was a great man who's passing is not only a great loss to Roman Catholics but to the whole world

11. Keysi_chick

Keysi_chick New Member

R.I.P. Pope John Paul II

He was truly an icon...not only to Roman Catholics but to people of all religions...he inspired so many people even though some of his views were very strong...im glad hes now at peace and no longer in suffering...however he will be sorely missed as an ambassador for human rights as well as the poor :Angel:

12. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Religious differences/beliefs aside... I had a lot of respect for the pope and will be surprised if they rep[lace him with someone even half as good.

I spent a moment of silence to honor him.

13. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Valued Member

I stand in a fairly unque situation. I am a Jew and a former Catholic. I believe that he was wrong on most socio-religious rulings (contraception, marriage for priest, etc) and not forcefull enough during the scandal.

BUT. or his record on relations with the Jewish community and for his record as a social activist and influence in the second half of the 20th century, he was a Giant.

R.I.P. Karol.

Baruch Dayan Emet.

14. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

But for Catholics the time of prayer has just begun :D (and for protestants, too, if they hadn't deleted II Macabees from their bibles :p ).

15. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Wow, never thought we would ever find something we agree on...go figure.

16. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Imagine a boy who loses his mother at age 8, his only brother at age 12, and the last remaining member of his family, his beloved father, at age 20. In an oppressed country in troubled times, he is completely alone in the world.

What does such a boy make of his fractured life? He becomes the spiritual leader of more than a billion people

RIP :Angel:

17. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

18. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

shows how god planned on repaying him huh.....religious ideals a side.

Rest in Peace. job well done.

19. myki

myki New Member

He did more for the church and the world than people realize.
    Didn't agree with all he did but certainly didn't quell my respect.
    Rest, JP II, rest now.

20. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

He's gone, let him go.