Post if you like Dragon Quest 8!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by serakmurid, Dec 19, 2005.

1. serakmurid

serakmurid Valued Member

I'm having a great time with game and i'm about 50 hours in.
    How about y'all?

2. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

i didnt like it... to me the story was boring, mostly because the main hero is a mute... theres nothing to like about some one of they dont talk... idk the game jus got really boring to me by the time they gave me the boat that i just returned it. lol sorry i couldnt say i liked it bro

3. geves

geves Valued Member

i HATE mute charcters too. grandia 2 = best RPG ever!!!.. oh and it's on dreamcast :love:

but most of all i HATE the charcter artist... anytime HE (whatever his name is) is involved your ALWAYS going to see at least 50 charcters from dragonball z...am i saying he can't do anything new? why yes i am :cool:
    he must've sold his soul for the chrono trigger charcters. :confused:

most over rated japanese artist of all time is him.. + square enix is about 2 years late, with cashing in on the DBZ craze.

but hey if you enjoy it... don't let me stop you. nice to hear that you love a generally great series serak. :D

4. Zfactor

Zfactor New Member

It has a generic RPG story, which could be good or bad depending on how much you like the formula. There are a few things I wish they would have improved upon (like the alchemy system). Also, the battle is turn based, so I see no reason why you can't see the turn order. It takes away from the strategy when you can't tell who goes next and when the turn order changes during battle.

That being said, I enjoy the game very much and can certainly see why it is so popular in Japan. The voice acting is also top notch which is something that RPGs seem to be lacking lately.

5. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

lol thats what i hated to most the voice acting... sorry but i cant stand yangus's accent... Angelo was to feminem... and idk i jus didnt like em that much

6. chasleeuk

chasleeuk Valued Member

well i think dragonball was one of the most popular anime/manga ever produced from japan...which was why dragonquest was so popular in the first place because of the character designs by akira toriyama....

dragonball is good, just not the american butchered version...even dragonball fans felt so disgusted they refused to watch it!

7. Kalabora

Kalabora Valued Member

What about Final Fantasy VII it's the best in my personal opinion.

AGREED!
    His name is Akira Toriyama. (I'm not an obsessed freak I just peaked at the back of the case.)

My favorite anime:

3. Samurai Deeper Kyo
    2. Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X
    #1! SAIYUKI

8. Frogman316

Frogman316 New Member

Artistr in Dragon Quest

I think the artist in all the Dragon Quest comic books was the same one that did DragonBallZ. That may be why they chose him.