Police.uk website

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Slindsay, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Meh, I just don't see being sentenced to a certain period of time but having no say in the state of the country for the next 5 year when its far more time than your sentence as particuarly just. I think generally people forget prison is made up of a lot more than murderers and rapists.

Six month sentences can work on kids I reckon, adults....not so much. But overall I'm not that upset about sentencing here apart from youth sentences; when you get 6 years for kicking someone to death because he's gay, or a suspended sentence after practically torturing a girl for an hour there is a problem.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I once talked to an adult on whom a 6 month sentence had worked very well indeed. White collar criminal who was forcefully shown where he was going and who was going to be there by a stay in prison.

I clearly remember a boozy night out with a mate and said mate of his, and I asked the chap, "What was prison like?" during a generally light hearted conversation. "Full of losers." was his answer. He clearly had got the message and was never going back there again.

Mitch

3. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

If you're dumb enough to break the law and get locked up at election time I think it's perfectly just. Elections generally only happen once every 5 years.

4. Southpaw535

Point taken. I normally still think of prisoners as maybe not career criminals but in the same vein. I forget about the normal people who drop a ball

5. Southpaw535

True enough. To be honest I think I just have such disdain for the public when it comes to politics anyway I just think "balls to it, it ain't going to make any difference"

Would be fun to see the Prisoner's Party though

6. SleepySasquatch

SleepySasquatch Valued Member

"A man looks ready to fight on Newgate Street, Newcastle"
    My first assumption was that a man was practicing his famed breakdancin' routine and a friend came over to offer him a spare jumper?

My friend tried putting in her Glasgow address and it said there were no police forces in the area. We assumed they'd just made the logical choice and given up :hat:

7. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

LMAO! Yeah we should just rename Glasgow little Egypt. Legend has it the original Scottish people came from Egypt anyway :p

8. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

We have our own league, if we were lumped with you guys it would mess with the statisitics way too much!

----
    As for the criminal issue, alot of criminals are very politicialy up to date, (reading newspapers + watching TV) It'd be a shame to chuck there vote out, I'm not really certain how removing a prisoners vote sends a clearer message.

I'm not a big fan of people deciding on how many rights people get based purely on "Punish them!!!!"

9. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I suppose you need something to make you feel special and loved :p