Police shot in Dallas

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by CrowZer0, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

That's not a reinvention of the term white supremacy at all but one that is extensively used in academic circles. You can insist all you like that your definition is superior, but your argument is simply semantic.

Sigh, you still seem stuck on proving that no one was thinking about race when they made these allocations while I'm concerned about effects.

Who said there wasn't racial bias in the arts and academia? They don't have a gun though.

So you're saying that a minority cannot engage in its own oppression now? This is quite a reversal!

Exactly, we've criminalized poverty. So now, if you live in a highly policed urban area and are poor… And if that highly policed urban area became that way from racist policies then we have…

Yup, it's a problem if we criminalize one class' actions over another and punish them for it at an increased rate.

Mocking depictions of people can take a racial dimension.

Wow Sloth. Good job there.

The Fryer piece shows racial bias in the use of violence, you've simply ignored that and cherry picked the lack of shooting bias and have concluded that racism is over.

Why are there fewer wealthy black families?

Wealth and education are not allocated evenly throughout the US. You can say that wealth and education are the ways out of poverty, but that leaves out stupid people - should they be excluded from social justice then?

I'm not claiming the data is wrong, I'm claiming that it is self perpetuating.

Where did this culture come from? Where did it originate? It was built in the ghettoes by a dispossessed people who had literally no wealth and no connection to home.

Because it's really saying "It's fine to do drugs if you're white and in the suburbs, but if you're black and in the city…" which again, is simply saying that institutional racism is justifiable.

Yet another straw man. Criminalizing and heavily policing behavior like selling loose cigarettes, CDs, driving without a license, etc. leads to more felons that cannot escape the criminal justice system. I don't think that ending police intervention in slums is the answer, but having a viable method for prisoners to re enter society is necessary.

Sure, but if I have to prove to everyone around me that I'm not what my skin says I am, I'll have to work a lot harder to attain the same damn things.

You're saying that there is not a stereotype that being black is linked to a lack of economic advantage?

Wealth was distributed by a racist system. Urban slums were constructed racially. Criminalization of activities was racially biased. All of these creatures have racism in their DNA.

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Better yet, talk about police being shot...like how the thread started.

Police getting shot and killed, is this racist or hatred?

Does a sense of fear become overwhelming?

[​IMG]

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Had there been a "Everyone I don't like is racist!" meme, I would have used that one instead.

However, the comparison is not without merit.

I didn't, that's why I turned round and stated "this is not directed at you specifically".

If you're going to be offended by something, make sure you have understood and read what was said first. This is not the first time in the thread you've responded with criticism to an idea when you've failed to understand what was said in the first place. It's also the reason I didn't respond to your previous criticisms of my point because, once again, you didn't actually figure out what I said, you attacked a strawman (again).

As I said before, the fact that the data doesn't agree with you when you take a real look at it is no skin off my nose. That you are so desperate to cling to a narrative and decry anything that says unflattering things as "racist" shows the simplistic desperation of a mind to banal to face uncomfortable truths and that is all on you.

4. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

This is exactly how much of society, especially American, response to subjects

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Well it seems you are happy to attack the person, so thread closed pending MOD discussion.

Hopefully that's something you can all understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.