PLEASE READ - unacceptable topics

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Llamageddon, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Meh, agree to disagree I'm not really fussed either way.

Experience does that to a person I'm sure there's probably some old black people who don't find racist jokes funny.

2. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Folks its all about self governing. Its not hard. No one has said we can't push the envelope a little and post an occassional "OOOOO.... naughty!" thread but some topics just have to be no-no's without exception.

The way I see it if you wouldnt show it or talk about it to a woman or man you're on a second date with it shouldnt be here. I can guarantee if you had a lady you really liked at your place on a second date and you whipped out posts about rape, abortion, spousal abuse etc, there'd NOT be a third date.

Since I've been here I can count on one hand the number of times I've had my feathers ruffled. Thats AWESOME! It means that for the most part, even though we goof off and have a bit of fun we all respect each other enough to mind our Ps and Qs. But its that exact behavior that makes certain topics even more grossly inappropriate.

I understand the glee shock value can bring, I also understand that the level of anonymity (sp) the internet brings is a rather powerful motivator to take things as far as you can at times but what I DON'T understand is why spend time, post, invest yourself, make friends, establish a reputation and then toss it all out the window for posting offensive sexuality-themed things or subject matter like rape? I'm not an overly bright fellow but in my world you're either "IN" or your "OUT", you're either part of the team or your not even in the dugout. So, given that, if you are part of the team here, if you are on board, that alone should censor you enough to keep threads like this from being necessary at all, shouldnt it?

3. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

But what if they asked you to be spontaneous and run off to Vegas to get married? What then?

4. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Fair enough, I'm not overly fussed myself. I just felt like showing him a bit of support really :) :hat:

Most people don't find racism funny. Race related jokes can be funny though.

Whatever though man, I get the feeling we won't be agreeing on this one! :)

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Yeah fair enough I do find him a funny bloke most of the time

A good point and your right I do have a sensitivity issue over rape and it was the picture thing that bugged me but I wasn't really thinking about humorous ones

6. Bigmikey

AFTER seeing all that stuff?? Brother I'd RUN alright! To my MOMMY!!! "Make the bad lady go 'way mommy she scares me!"

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Then you run. You run and never look back. You get a new identity and spend the rest of your days in hiding since the person is almost certainly a psycho.

8. Bigmikey

That works too, lol... either way, get your hiney GONE!

9. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

That seems like a bit of a sexist generalisation to me bro. I like girls with a sense of humour... That stuff gets put out there before the first date happens. Most intelligent women can take and give a joke. :)

10. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

But what if they say that they really, really love you and that no one else will ever understand you they way they do? No one else could ever love you the way they do and they would do anything to make you happy? Anything......

Isn't that true love? I mean, sometimes people just "know" and have a feeling that they should be with you. And that, in another lifetime, she was Cleopatra and you were her Marc Antony.

You'd be looking into her big [insert color] eyes and she'd say: "let's make love and make the family we should've had a long, long time ago, Marcus".

What then?

11. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

That's totally unfair. You're a woman, after all, not a gay man!

:evil:

12. Bigmikey

Well, first off I'd ask her who the hell is MARCUS and then let the conversation grow from there...

13. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

It'd make an interesting story to tell the grandkids. :evil:

14. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Scared already, not helping. When someone says that only they could love you the way that they do I tend to get visions of ice picks and chainsaws.

No.

They can get treatment for that.

But they're both dead! Not encouraging - if I'm going to model a relationship on someone else's, I'd prefer it to be happy, living people.

If I could still hear her at this point, my sprinting needs work.

Although the first bit might cause a moment's hesitation before the sane reaction to the second part kicked back in.

Then? We're looking at throwing plastic surgery into the escape plan.

15. Bigmikey

16. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

But, but...what if she said "Our souls have been intertwined through fate for a very long time, Marcus. We should be together........forever. Here, baby, you'll feel better after we share a drink. That's always worked for us in the past, my Romeo."

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

See, now you're actually getting me worried. Is there something you need to tell the room?

18. Bigmikey

dude... she's a NUTBAG! If you wanna end up on an episode of unsolved mysteries or "Women that kill the men that love them" go right on ahead but when she's boiling bunnies on your stove cause you got home 5 minutes late don't come trying to hide at MY house....

PERSONALLY? And this is just me... at that point I'd pray to witness a mob hit just so I could go into witness protection... jus sayin...

19. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I think taking part in the hit mob might be better - jail's nice and safe in comparison.

20. Bigmikey

.... you forgot... Jail has VISITING hours....