Please give me an insight into the dark side...

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by kensei1984, Jun 8, 2007.

1. kensei1984

kensei1984 Panda Power!

Ohhh someone doesn't take my light heartedness very well. :p Alright, seeing as you don't appreciate, I'll stop.

And maybe I shouldn't have collected every single little detail from several ninjutsu schools...cause I definitely don't want to learn about pyrotechnics and religion....

BTW regarding Star Wars..I've never played the game. So forgive me for using it as a reference to ninjutsu.

It was rather a demonstration that displeased me in the fact that the taijutsu techniques were poorly executed, and when the guy starts waving a bokken around like a fairy wand...well...I think you get the picture. Plus, it seemed like they were more interested in the social aspects, judging by the amount of pre-demo booze that they downed, including the instructor.

I just wanted a broader coverage of ninjutsu and of course, the historical aspects too would be nice. I'll do it the old fashioned way from now on, through the use of a good old trusty phone book and free introductory lessons.

2. kensei1984

kensei1984 Panda Power!

Fake schools are what I am trying to avoid, but thanks for the lookout. :cool:

3. kensei1984

kensei1984 Panda Power!

You're on to me. I just wanted to try stuff like this in a controlled environment, lord forbid I start carrying those things around or use a shinobi katana to chop my vegies.

4. bvelto

bvelto Valued Member

Seriously, we have all kinds of loonies in the bin called the USA... My sensei received a phone call from a guy interested in joining the dojo and in the course of the conversation found out that the caller had been picked up (possibly arrested) for skulking about in a ninja outfit making his neighbors nervous... Perhaps this isn't as much an issue where you are, but with all kinds of stores and internet sites selling ninja stuff, we get an interesting cross section of humanity showing up to see what we do...

5. Dean Whittle

Dean Whittle Valued Member

6. whiteshadow711j

whiteshadow711j Hiding in the Shadows

That so reminds me of the Zorro movie with Antonio Banderas and Anthony Hopkins when he says,

do you know how to use that ? :rolleyes:

and antonio goes, yeah the pointy end goes into the other man :cool:

Hopkins then says- This is going to take alot of work... :bang: