Plastic Bottles

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Simon, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I hate the taste of plain water, so tend to buy the zero sugar lemon and lime bottled stuff.

As we all know we should be cutting back on our use of plastic and in a desperate attempt to offset the carbon emissions from the MAP Lear Jet I turn to you.

I'm after a simple and cost effective home made version of flavoured water.

2. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

A lot of guys I know have taken to putting slices of fresh lemon or other fruits in their permanent water bottles to give it flavour.

axelb and Simon like this.
  3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

This has become fairly common, with specially designed water bottles being marketed - You can add the fruit of your choice in the AM, and top up your water throughout the day, without needing to add anymore fruit.

20181017_154815.jpg

Alternatively, have you heard of Ecobricks - https://www.ecobricks.org - You can fill up you empty (and clean) bottles with your other non-recyclables, and send them in to one of their UK centres (think the nearest one is Southampton) which you can find a list of on their (closed) FB page - Ecobricks UK public group | Facebook - Who in turn use them in the construction of various items.

Travess

axelb, Simon and Thomas like this.
  4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Was gonna post something like that as well re: water bottle. Altho I hate the taste of plain/tap/boiled water as well. So bit of Britta, add in that lime/fruit water and enjoy.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Scottish tap water is excellent so.... I can't relate :D

hewho likes this.
  6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Just shown this to Mrs S, who said, "Oh I've got two of those."

I have pinched one for myself.

Thank you, @Travess.

Travess likes this.
  7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I just use britta and squeeze some lemon, but that infuser sounds a better idea.
    I just saw the plastic brick concept this week; sounds a great idea :)

Travess likes this.
  8. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

...and that's how it's done!

Simon likes this.
  9. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

A few years ago, I disliked unflavoured water, but when I wanted to changed that, I got used to it pretty quickly. I usually drink tap water for training, and tea at home :D Lemon in the water is great, too, for times when I am not lazy.

As for water bottles, I really, really recommend glass ones. I used plastic ones, normal PET or training hard-plastic ones, but after some time using it regularly, there probably appear cracks in the material and bacteria and it starts smelling, and it is really hard to get rid of that smell. I love the water from my glass bottles. Tastes fresh all the time :) I only buy plastic bottles with milk sometimes.

axelb and Simon like this.
  10. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

If you don't love the taste of plain ol' water you need to be training harder :D

Mushroom, Shmook and Anwolf like this.
  11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

As its also good to smash on the head for a self defence scenario.

Nachi likes this.