Places to practice?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by dcwado, Oct 10, 2011.

1. dcwado

dcwado New Member

What are some places that are good to train at? I'm guessing rec centers, community centers, and churches? What have you all found works best?
    It would be amazing if a university allowed a group to train there.

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

We use a community center right now, it works out well as they have a room dedicated to MA training. We share it with an Aikido class.

3. Osu,

In the park, on the beach, alone in the elevator... nearly anywhere will do! :)

Osu!

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Trying to set this up at my uni. we've got olympic squads training here but no clubs.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Are there no clubs? Abertay has one for larpers! And a boxers one.

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

We have a uni muay thai club (with a coach from headhunters MMA) and a someone just set up a uni boxing club (no coach though)
    we have a larper club, a manga club and a "nerd" club.

so i'm setting up a mixed grappling club.
    I'm bringing in a youth wrestling instructor (top in the UK) and we'll be running jiu jitsu theory/practice and some seminars later.
    i'm hoping to get a rick young grappler to give us a seminar and i've already got :Freeform: on it.
    We're running the club cos A). its cheaper in the uni than outside at other clubs B). it provides the opportunity for us to enter the scottish uni grappling tournament (run by st. andrews last year). We're gonna hold a competition next year and even bring some guys from Newcastle uni to compete.

You should get something similar started! then we can compete!