PKA - opinions

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by jabcrosshook, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Hey.

I ust wondered what everyone's opinions on the PKA were. Crap? Good? Let's hear...

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

It seems to be a very closed organization, difficult to break into the reigning heiarchy.

3. Pardon? :Angel:

Didn't quite get that bit. Can you explain a bit more for a "slow learner :p"? Thanks.

4. Pablo Escobar

Pablo Escobar New Member

To be honest, I think PKA are a little shady. Seem very well run and organised, but also seem like they are more interested in getting your money than teaching you to defend yourself.

I dont like that you "have" to buy your own gloves, shin pads and foot guards in order to be able to grade - I dont like the fact that you "have" to grade, and I dont like the fact that when you do grade you get charged £26 for a belt. All that on top of the already expensive membership fees is ridiculous.

Credit where its due tho, they do know their stuff, and are very friendly

5. You don't have to grade. No one will make you.

Just out of interest, when did you last enquire? The membership has gone down recently. I see what you mean, though - still quite expensive.

6. getgoin

getgoin Idiot Savant

Do you have a link to the PKA. I did a search but found nothing.

The only PKA I know of was back in the 70's and 80's and they went down due to legal problems and such. I don't think that this is the same orginization.

7. http://www.kickboxing-london.co.uk - Try that. It is the same PKA as before, run by Mike Haig.