Pie in face for Vogue fur dealer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by nzric, Oct 10, 2005.

1. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Funny funny funny!

3. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Pie is t3h d34dl135t stuff... you must realize this by now... :D

4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

EXCELLENT!

Not only does it prove Jesh to be right about the deadliness of pies, but it's one in the eye for scummy fur-loving fashionistas!

5. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

I'm sure I heard on the news yesterday that farming puppies for fur is still legal in the UK. Could be mistaken though.

6. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Considering PETA was just caught slaughtering animals, this is indeed funny in a hypocritical way. :D

Never understood why the fluffy bunny bunch is so upset with using renewable resources such as animals. Perhaps they prefer plastic, which they own stock in? ;) Or flax or cotton the farming of which kills millions of animals?

Anywho, bad show. Someone needs to teach those PETA thugs and bullies a lesson.

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

A PETA member was caught not the whole sorry bunch. And fur is one of the most poluting things you can buy massive amounts of heavy metals are used to stop it from rotting.

8. Bluce Ree

Bluce Ree Asinus asinorum.

'Twas no ordinary pie that struck the fur-peddler, it was the daddy of all the throwing pies - tofu cream.

Can you imagine how many washes with animal tested shampoo and conditioner it would have taken her to get rid of the smell?

9. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

LoL I was about to post up about the tofu cream pie. Couldn't they do better then that?

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, I think that's why Cruela Deville had to resort to stealing dalmatians.

I don't know much about French law, but in the USA, what that PETA person did with that pie would qualify as either battery or assault, depending upon the particular State, and under either terminology it would be a felony.

It's also very immature behavior. If PETA endorses that kind of behavior, then count me out. I don't want to be a member.

11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I agree, unfortunately I don't think the guy who put the pie in her eye will get busted.

Hey that was good.

The PETA people are all up on it for the right reasons, but they go about it all wrong. I get the impression that they are more concerned about animals then they are about people.

If they acted like adults, I think they would get alot farther.

12. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

I am the master of pie !!! :D

13. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

PERSONALLY speaking, I got no problems with fur..... as long as it aint endangered fur, then fair play.... we breed cows to eat and for leather, chickens for eggs and meat, pigs for bacon anf pork.... why no breed other animals for fur... whats the big problem?

14. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Really. We had a girl throw a pie at a fur wearer when I lived in Milwaukee. She was arrested, charged with assault, and thrown in jail for a month. Not worth it in my opinion.

15. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

I am against fur for clothes (unless living out in the wild obviously). But I think that a woman has the right to walk down the street in what she likes without being 'attacked' by some tree hugging ***hole. What gives them the right to act like that just because they have a cause they believe in. Imagine how the person on the recieving end would have felt, she is a human being. This is only a pie, there are people like this that do worse things then that. If the woman in the pic were to react to defend herself she could be charged, or even worse assulted badly just for trying to protect herself. I just think everything about this (apart from the slapstick element) incident is wrong.

16. Combatant

Also there have been many incidents where people have thrown tipex over people belived to be wearing fake fur and it turns out to be an extreemly good (not to mention expensive) fake. How fair is that.

17. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

Aaah, it all makes sense to me now :D

Interesting point made earlier about living in the wild though. Perhaps you should only be allowed to wear fur if you go out, trap and skin the animal, cure the hide and make the clothing yourself. Might have a bit more respect for it then.

18. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

someone threw paint on my mums fake fur and it was not that good. I was well ****ed off as my mum is cool and I used to borrow it for my new york dolls look.

19. Combatant

Sounds like a really good idea.

When its a member of your familly it aint nice.

20. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

I might up the ante a bit.

There's a lot of bikers near where I live. I wonder how it would go if I tried the paint thing on their leather jackets....