Photo request

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Canit, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Canit

Canit Valued Member

Hello All,

Given the strong UK presence on this board, I am hoping someone can help me out.

I started my Bujinkan training with Allan Collins in Ramsgate. I have been going through old photos looking for a nice one of him to hang in our Dojo. I have a lot of post training shots, mostly in pubs, and a bunch from when Soke visited Ramsgate. However I have none of Allan in a keikogi.

I never took pictures while we were training. I was too busy training. Now, of course, I wish I had.

Wondering if anyone has some photos of him, or that include him, that they are willing to share? If so, please shoot me a message.

Cheers!
    Adam McColl

Reiss Collins likes this.
  2. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Hi Adam, funnily I was thinking about Alan the other day, lovely guy, treated badly by a particular Irishman, I had a good look through my old photos and couldn't find even one of him, was sure I had something, if you do get some success mate, would love to see them

Take care, hope to see you sometime in the future, will be in Japan in may

Normski

3. baldrick

baldrick Valued Member

Hi Adam,

I know one of Alan's students is on here from time to time, so he might have one. You could also try him via his club website: http://www.takuma.co.uk/

I remember Alan well, he used to come up to Peter's in Croydon every now and then, great bloke, such a terrible loss.

Dave.

4. Canit

Canit Valued Member

@Norm: I think about him, and Jan, a lot. They were both really wonderful people; very tolerant and supportive of a younger, dumber, me :)

Thanks for checking your photos mate. I will be sure to pass along any that come my way.

@Dave: Cheers. I will check the website and shoot him a message.

I know Allan appreciated Peter's support. Especially after he distanced the Ramsgate club from Brian/BBD.

Regards from the Colonies!
    Adam

5. Reiss Collins

Reiss Collins New Member

Alan Collins was my Grandad.
    If anyone does come across any pictures I would really appreciate it if they could contact me as I would like to pass them on to my Nan (Jan) and am Dad

Thank you in advance

Canit and Mushroom like this.
  6. Old bloke

Old bloke Active Member

I was also one of Alans students back in the 80,s, I know I have some photos of running bear foot along the promenade by the boating pool, and I know I have photos of me and Tristan training, I will have a look through them this week end

Reiss Collins and Canit like this.
  7. Canit

Canit Valued Member

After many years away, I stopped by the forum earlier today. Spooky to see this thread at the top of the list.

No other photos of Alan surfaced. That time was well before the digital age.

Really great to see Reiss' post here though. I msg'd him privately this morning.

Now another Old Bloke has popped up. Yeah... bad pun :rolleyes:

Talk about a flood of memories!

Mitch likes this.
  8. stu1972

stu1972 New Member

Just stumbled apon this post, spent a couple of years training with Allan in ramsgate, started training before we had a dojo, we used to train in the woods at ramsgate, along the prom and anywhere we could, anyone remember training in the pub 'Roots'? And some seriously dodgy absailing down 100 foot cliffs, running around the seafront with staffs and ninja fights in the marina, training with those guys totally raised my pain barriers... . I was a snotty 14 year old Allan was good to me, I had a rubbish home life and he took me under his wing and kept an eye out for me, he was a good friend and ment a lot to me, I often thought of him, sad to hear he's not with us anymore, tho I don't know what happened..

God bless Al. X

Mitch likes this.
  9. baldrick

baldrick Valued Member

Stu1972,
    Sadly Allan went down with cancer.
    His photo was hanging in the old Hombu Dojo in Noda, on the wall for those that had passed away. I haven't seen it in the new Hombu Dojo, but if it is not in one of the small rooms with the others, it might be in Soke's rooms in the Hombu office.

If Warren is on here, he might have might have a photo/s of Allan, and he is probably still in touch with Jan.

10. stu1972

stu1972 New Member

Thanks for the info, very sad news.
    Will remember him always.