phoenix eye conditioning!

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by goatnipples2002, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubyMoon

RubyMoon New Member

When discussing martial arts techniques, the word "opponent" is perfectly suitable. It applies to any situation without implying anything more. What if you are the attacker rather than your...opponent? In the case of defending another person, this is entirely possible. The term "opponent" is perfect for training purposes because it is empty of emotional attachment, thus creating the ideal "mindset" for serious study and practice.

2. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

True, saying "attacker" predisposes you towards seeing your role as the "defender".

Now that statement proves I'm bored!

adversary, antagonist, anti, aspirant, assailant, bad guy, bandit, bidder, candidate, challenger, competitor, con, contestant, counteragent, dark horse, disputant, dissentient, enemy, entrant, foe, litigant, match, opposer, opposition, oppugnant, player, rival, scrapper

3. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

A voice of reason in the wilderness...;)

4. Shade

Shade New Member

Gee thanks for such a balanced and enlightened response goatnipples.

**** the dictionary!

I bet your english teacher would be so proud.

And whether it is about mindset is one thing, but my initial comment that agrieved you so much was all about CONTEXT.

I would say look that up in the dictionary, but you obviously do not possess one seeing as you hold it in such disregard and contempt.

:woo:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

This thread is heading for the bin!

Back on track people please!

6. zun

zun New Member

Opponent is someone who is not on my side or my team.

Attacker is someone who is intending to cause me harm.

A fighter is someone in or out of the ring who fights.

My mindset is to survive. Opponent attacker or fighter - when the andreline flows they are all the same to me.

Anyhow, let's get it back to phoenix eye conditioning....

Ways to externally condition the back of your hand:

Back slapping cold water
    Back slapping a bag of sand
    Phoenix punching rice
    Phoenix punching phonebook held up against a wall
    Phoenix punching the bark of a tree

Andy - hopes this retrieves the thread from the sin-bin

7. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

So what everyone's saying about the conditioning is start out with soft stuff (like cold porridge or your pillow), then when you can take it like a man, move onto wood and concrete. Basically

Just make sure if you are going to do the conditioning, gradually increase the resistance/force. It's a fine line between strengthening your hands and doing real damage (arthritis at 45 anyone?), and the pain barrier is not a good guide for this.

8. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

There is a third method that nobody has yet identified. I call it the Mr Han Man Enter the Dragon method.

Step 1. Have your right hand mysteriously removed from your body and then encased behind glass cabinet in super villain island lair.

Step 2. Collect all kinds of prosthetic attachments for missing limb that resemble a deadly ensemble from some tasty country carvery.

Step 3. Invite lots of cool arsed Mo-Fo's with afro's and big hair, who can fight like those Kung Fu dudes in chop saki pictures to said island lair.

Step 4. Proceed to wear black leather gloves to conceal deadly prosthetic so that when final deadly duel comes you have the element of surprise without all that pesky conditioning!

Step 5. Kill Mr Ropers best afro dude buddy with said deadly steel hand with repeated chop saki attack!

Step 6. The plot thickens....

Step 7. Have prosthetic steel hand created in the shape of phoenix eye fist and then take on that little Chinese cat baby yeahhhh!

Step 8. Oh s h i t! Mr Han blew it and place too much confidence in phoenix fist and has to ditch it in favour of a furry claw!!!!

Step 9. Get tricky and run into mirrored chamber and hide with said furry claw, all the while hoping that some other fist might do the trick...

Step 10. Whoops... Mr Han gets his **** kicked!

Epilogue...

Mr Han Man lacked a plan, helicopters ensue and lots of official 70's dudes flock to the scene whilst Han rotates on mirrored spear door like a piggy on the spit.

The END ... YAYAYAYAYAYYA

9. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

YOU NEVER TOLD ME WHAT THE JIBEN GONG IS?

You may believe external conditioning has no positive benefits but if done properly it can prevent one from have bone problems at an older age. Yet if done wrong it will bring on rhuematic arthritis at an early age . USE DIT DA JOW. If you need a recipe I have one holla.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  10. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

YOU NEVER TOLD ME WHAT THE JIBEN GONG IS?

I told you 5 times already. I actually spelled it out! Our Jiben Gong doesn't involve external conditioning of knuckles and the like because the way we strike is based on a completely different philosophy. We don't need it because it's superfluous...

Bye,

11. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

So is it like a form of meditation? Don't say you spelled it out because all you said is that it isn't external. That's a pretty good explaination. That's like saying asking, "How big is that hole" and someone replying "Oh, you know deep". Don't be an *******.

12. zun

zun New Member

Dude! That's a very good explanation! It's a shame some things go over your head.

13. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Hmmmm, I'm still wondering why you call yourself goatnipples....

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Alright, playtimes over...

Andy's warned you already, and no-one took any notice.

Thread locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.