Phil Milner

Discussion in 'Karate' started by reikislapper, Jul 14, 2005.

1. vixen

vixen New Member

hi, do you still hear from phils niece as he was my stepdad, he was the dad to my younger brother danny philip whos 24 now???????

2. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

I wish I could be more specific but there was a martial arts magazine a little while ago with an article on him and his students... was a real inspiration.

3. karajutsu

karajutsu Valued Member

Have you seen the new web aite and forum dedicated to Phil ? just goole Phil Milner and it will direct you to it. Some great pics of Phil on there and loads of info on him.

Mike

4. dannymilner

dannymilner New Member

hello,im Phils son Danny,im trying to track down any of his family or old karate friends,hope u can assist me with this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  5. ninj

ninj New Member

6. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Hi Danny, I have removed your phone number from your post as MAP is a public forum, anyone (not just registered members) can read the site and obtain your number. You haven't got enough posts to receive PM's yet, but you can opt to receive email from other members in your user cp (edit options) if you so wish.

Welcome to MAP and good luck in what you're looking for.

Sam

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  7. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Yes I do, I've also got both her phone number and mobile one too. She's now left Grangewood as we had a few problems with a crack house shutdown which was in the same block, Phil taught her how to stick up for herself somewhat lol. I have loads of stories to tell you about that one but she'll probably kill me for it lol.

Joan lives in Brimington now but we are still in contact together. She lives up the road from one of my cousins so I can still keep an eye on her to make sure she's ok. Phil's brother is her dad, I'll let her know your on this site.
    Big hugs

by the way you can also PM me and I'll let you know more of the personal stuff.
    Lisa.

8. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

I'll pass the news onto Joan (one of the wise monkeys) you should know the story about that one, Joan has told me so much of your family. I've also seen some of the photo's as well.

Joan lives just outside chesterfield now, but I'm still in touch with her.
    Hope to speak to you.
    Lisa

9. TheWaterMargins

TheWaterMargins Valued Member

Don't know if this has been posted yet but this site seems to be Phil Milners organisation.

http://www.iba.eu.com/

10. Steaddi

Steaddi New Member

Here's a picture of Phil milner, along with left to right Pechi, Pino and Steve.Costello of Bolton, who was my sensei at the time, 2nd row behind Steve is myself and next to me a guy called Mick (if my memory serves me right) The location was Bolton we were doing a 26 mile bare-foot mini-bus pull for charity it was around 1982-83. Sensei Phil graded me right upto my Black belt, and I was fortunate and honoured to have recieved instruction from him on various courses along with my Sensei Steve.Costello who was my mentor as a young man.

Attached Files:

11. fennyy

fennyy New Member

Steaddi - and Steve Cosello

Hi Steve finally ive caught up with ya.lol

I remember this picture from being a young boy starting Karate at the age of 8 and Training under Sensi Steve Costello for 17 years.

My martial arts experience has made me into the person i am today and my memory's are still vivid from the Phil Millnor Training days..

Its funny but i cant believe that we used to push ourselves to that level of training and i have nothing but pure respect for Sensi Steve Costello as he was more than a teacher of Martial arts.

Its funny when typing this i can smell the dojo on crompton way, strange how that can happen..

I hope you are well steve and are you still living in Bolton?

Take care

Fenny

12. Tweedy

Tweedy New Member

derek lorrison

I don't remember Derek and Phil falling out as Phil used to visit the Club at Hull university and he and Derek were verry friendly towards each other. Also I remember Derek fighting in a three man team wilth Bob Lord and Eddy ( does he need a second name) that was in the early 70s and at that time Derek and Phil were good friends. I had better not sat any more I am dating myself!!!!!. Can anyone give me an update on Bob Lord, Big Eddy,Dave allen,
    and Walter Seaton, also a guy that Phil nicknamed Mad Mick please, my email is g4sji@btinternet.com

13. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

Hi Tweedy

Walter Seaton was my very first instructor. I've not seen him for many years but I believe he's more or less retired now. I know his senior student Leo McDermott is still actively teaching in Teesside.

I've not picked up on this thread before. It was good to see a picture of a young Steve Costello. I trained with him for about a year in the 90's and remember him as a good instructor and a very nice bloke.

Mike