Phew!

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Holgate, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Holgate

Holgate New Member

Well finally heard I passed my green tag grading. Did seriously think for a couple days I had bombed it because I had such a bad day thursday.

But never mind, done and dusted, now just have to learn a new set of line work, three step sparring and pattern!

2. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Well good job. Glad to see that you passed and they thought you did well. Keep up the good work.

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Congrats to you Holgate on your green belt promotion!

You actually have to wait a few days to find out if you passed???

:eek: ... the suspense would kill me!!!;)

Good luck on learning the more advanced techniques now!

4. flyingblackbelt

flyingblackbelt New Member

congrats, youre one step closer to black belt.

5. Holgate

Holgate New Member

KickChick: Yep you have to wait to find out unless you get an A pass which is an above average grade. With the amount of gradings done each time it would just take too long to read out who passed so presentations are done in regular classes. the suspense does get to you, especially when I couldn't get to my usual friday night class because of a football referee's event.

so one step closer and three years away from the black belt ;)
    To be honest the black belt isn't something that concerns me, it's about enjoying it at the moment and if I get there it's a bonus.

so onwards to the green belt grading!

6. Chazz

Great way to look at things. You will do well since your willing to take the time and have fun.

7. Tiger

Tiger New Member

GULP!

Today is the day i do my test for
    my green belt also

and to be moving on to Purple belt

I know all my hand movments, kicks, and formulas

but it's really my techniques
    that goto be strong and hard
    when im doing my test!

so congrats to you Holgate

and be prepared!! for the upcoming :D

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  8. rigsville

rigsville Shukokai Karate

Holgate, well done.

9. Gipyios

Gipyios New Member

That's the thing about gradings, doesn't matter how well they went you always have that nagging feeling that you might not have done enough or you made too many little mistakes. Oh well nice mate, hope you continue to do well in TKD and martial arts in general.

10. Chazz

Tiger, i hope all went well at the test. Im sure you did your best. Let us know how it went.

11. flyingblackbelt

thats part of the reason i like our school, if your testing for your next belt, then youve already passed. We dont let people test unless theyre absolutely ready and basically weve tested them in class, its an opportunity to show your family/friends what you have learned. Of course that doesnt mean your not still nervous, i was basically shaking before my 3rd degree test about 2 weeks ago.

12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Would never have known it.... :D (.... for those of you, I was there sitting at the table of blackbelts for the big ocassion) and

BTW.... your MAP name fits you well :)

13. flyingblackbelt

i just read what your sig says kickchick, its great, but i have a question, running over the tarmac, would you be referencing a particular incident in oh i dont know the parking lot of a food store?

14. Chazz

LOL you were right Deb, they do bug you all the time about that dont they. LOL :p

15. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

LOL ... haha see the thread battle cry ... well, that just happens to be mine.

What I tell you chazz? I will never hear the end of the one that got away!!:woo: ... talk about PHEW!!!!
    ... beware when you see me at food stores;) :eek:

sorry went a little off on topic there...!!

16. Tiger

Tiger New Member

Well to be honest Chazz

I did not perform the way I expected
    to on my green belt test.

It was kind of those moments where

you kind of blank out for a few seconds:confused: :mad:

But yes I know I could do better for
    any other time on any test that we do.

:cool:

17. Holgate

Holgate New Member

all the better after winning gold for patterns in the Scottish nationals this past weekend :)

Just have my next grading to work towards (full green belt) and the TAGB 20th anniversary event which looks to be a good laugh. I believe there is also the British campionships coming up which I may think about entering if I can improve my sparring

18. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

Congrats on my behalf as well. Just keep up the good work. Don't be discouraged when it's not your day and you wasn't that good at the practice.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As long as a person doesn't admit he is defeated, he is not defeated -- he's just a little behind and isn't through fighting.
    - -- Darrell Royal, Texas football coach

19. Holgate

Holgate New Member

I have found in the past couple weeks my sparring has improved, remembered a few sneeky tricks I can use like standing absloutly side on from my opponant to give them as little a target area as possible...I tend to stand almost with my back to them (in our form of sparring you cannot kick the back) Also I seem to have taken on some of the things I have learn't from kung fu...there is no such thing as defence, only counter attack, so now as a result I am following through on blocks more quickly and getting in short range punches and getting points.

Just learn how to defend myself now! ;)

On the pattern front I think I managed a feat in itself and learn Do San from the book in less than 30 minutes...knew all the essential moves just needed to see someone else put it into practice so establish everything. now know it, just need to put the power and conviction into it to get it strong...not bad to get it in a day...well I'm chuffed!