Personal Update.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Smokemare, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Smokemare

Smokemare ITF TKD 2nd Dan

Hello again, long time no see eh?

Bit of an update for those who remember me, I am now officially a sleep deprived dad. As of 24th June 2007 5:41 AM I have a daughter. All the debates about whether or not to train are totally out of the window for now as I'm desperately learning to cope with looking after a newborn, holding down a full time job and building a house at the same time...

I think on the whole I probably will return... Eventually... But I really need to clear my plate a bit first - I think this is what the problem always has been for me - I tend to take on too much at once.

I dropped a 1 hour old picture in the TKD Babies thread, I know she looks like she's attempting some sort of 'move' in the picture, but I certainly didn't teach her that - I was simply guzzling coffee and oozing relief at the time having been over thirty six hours with no sleep and hardly any food...

2. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Congrats...

It gets better. They eventually start sleeping through the night. But then it gets worse when they start crawling/walking everywhere. You have to watch them all the time then because it is guaranteed that they will ignore whatever toys you put out and go after the one thing in the room you don't want them to put in their mouth.

3. dortiz

dortiz Valued Member

Having my 3rd baby due today I can tell you its rough...but awesome. The one thing I will say is make time for training. That 1 hour a couple of days a week will replenish your cup so much. Trust me. I have done the 4-5 hours sleep, work, cold etc. When you train you are not just helping yourself but making a better person for your family. Find the time. Otherwise you will find regrets. Good luck.

Cheers,
    Dave O.

4. Smokemare

Smokemare ITF TKD 2nd Dan

Good grief! How did you manage that?! 4 hours uninterrupted sleep would be sweet right now...

I haven't trained in over a year anyway, I really need to finish the house, all my spare energy has to go into that as we're paying rent and living in a place we don't really want to. By Christmas we might be in, she might be a bit easier to look after and I can maybe find time to start again. We'll see how it goes.

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Best wishes to you and the new family! :)

It does get easier and as already mentioned finding some time for your training can really help keep you sane. SOunds like you have a lot of other construction stuff to do too though!

Maybe after Christmas you'll be able to get back to thrapping folk instead of nails :D

Mitch

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

best wished from me too. your daughter is really cute :)

7. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

It get's easier!! Mine wee one started sleeping through at about 4-5 weeks!! The best advice I can give is listen to your own advice!! Everyone will tell you all sorts and you'll go mad if you listen!! Instinct's all you need x :Angel:

She's beautiful btw

8. Sackett

Sackett Valued Member

Enjoy what you can of it!!! You will enjoy it more in the memory, so try to remember as much as you can.

And you will always be a martial artist, even if it is years before you practice again.

Best of luck.