Performance Wushu in the Cage

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by TheMightyMcClaw, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Fire Quan,

This is one of the most offensive posts I've seen here in a while. You make a lot of allegations, call names, insinuate fraud, amongst those that jump out at me immediately.

Unless you can prove these things, to me, or apologise to the members you attack, I'm going to call troll and issue a temp ban on your account for personal attacks.

Please post your evidence of these things in this thread so I can follow up with it. I say 48hrs is long enough?

2. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

a bit much?

I think that perhaps Fire Quan needs to be cut some slack...

Yes this comes across strong but having met and trained with him I can see his commitment to the CMA and his desire to see it have a respected position..

I have seen alot of belittling going on of FQ and people imply that his skill is lacking(or that his way is not TCMA so thus not valid). I personally have seen his skill and know he is open to testing what he believes.. he has an open door policy on sharing with others interested in CMA. Perhaps his post can be taken as a statement to those that have doubted his commitment to show that they should be out there showing their stuff if they are also truly interested in gaining respect for CMA (in whatever venue they would feel happy to so so).

I can see how some might be offended but the way to respond is not to ban FQ but rather to demonstrate that others who feel passionately about the value of CMA should be showing where they have stepped up to preserve its honour..

The only name calling that I could see is 'hypocrite' and I can't see why that in itself would be enough to ban someone. I notice that when someone makes a claim on these forums that the common response is 'where's your video of this against a resisting opponent'? That is as much suggesting fraud as FQ has done.. he has only said if you are truly what you claim to be then show us.

FQ can speak for himself all right but I just wanted to put forward a comment from a 'traditional' CMA person who can see some merits in what FQ says..

Oh you can see my videos in the 'southern' sparing sessions and I can show you the bruises from my new judo randori sessions that I have been attending to test my own mettle :').

powchoy

3. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

Seconded. I think he asks difficult questions, that a lot of time need to be asked.

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

He can be as passionate as he likes, however he needs to learn to play nice. When FQ first came on this forum he made a succession of highly inflammatory statements, and he's gone downhill from there. He can't really complain that people now view him with hostility.
    People belittle him because he complains about how people are rude to him when people finally bite back after pages of offensive posts by him.
    He goes on about accepting the responsibility and consequences for your actions, but shows no sign of doing so himself. He has no genuine interest in discussion, being highly offensive to anyone with a different opinion to him (something he accuses everyone else of doing to him, even when people have been very reasonable), and putting words into people's mouths to fit his own agenda, and fuel his rants.
    He is an offensive bully who has now crossed the line into slander. I don't want to see him banned, but as he says, you've got to accept the consequences of your actions. I'm sure he does have some interesting and useful things to say, but unless he learns to discuss things effectively people aren't going to take him seriously.

5. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

Seconded :D. Civility cost nothing and it is time fq employed some or accepted the consequences of his actions.

6. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

The irony is that we actually share a lot of common ground, I'm just more moderate and less generalised with my statements than he is about them.
    I also believe that lazy teachers with no interest in improving training methods harm Chinese martial arts. I believe that instructor personality cults are a bad thing. I believe that impact work and pressure testing are important for training.
    I don't even dislike sport wushu as a performance art, and I obviously like San Shou.
    If he could have some more reasonable discussion about the other factors without getting snippy I'm sure we have a lot to talk about.

7. DEATHskull

DEATHskull TKD Bearfighter

Wow, this thread got severely highjacked. I thought we we were talking about Wushu in the cage?

8. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

completely off topic after being derailed by FQ.

Further discussion ongoing with staff as to his punishment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.