Pencak Silat Cimande Macan Guling - WTF?

Discussion in 'Silat' started by slipthejab, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Silat Junkie

Silat Junkie New Member

Enjoy the clip

This post has already been responded to much but still, I thought I would respond.

Personally, I really enjoy it. I agree with Nadzrin, Tellner, SundaWarrior and several others. Silat isn't always about application when it is performed as it is in the demo. It is a reflection of spirit and sort of like a movement aptitude test. The movements themselves may have several applications. As for flow, it's full of flow. It is something we call wave energy in our group and it is described really quite well by Sunda Warrior.

The guys seems adept to me. True, applications would verify that but in the context of what I see, it seems to be a gathering for enjoyment rather than blood.

IMO, silat has a leg up on other arts in this regard because it allows the practitioners to not only have the ability to apply the art, but to express it as an emotional outlet just for the enjoyment of the movement. Pencak Silat, is not limited to either/or expressions or types of training but should be done as combative, artistic, socially beneficial, spiritually beneficial, and perhaps other facets as well. This might include silat for dance at weddings (a tradition), village gatherings, as prayer, and any of a number of things.