Pekiti Tirsia Instructors Banned from Teaching Karambit

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by MadMonk108, Nov 24, 2013.

1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

Just so you avoid the politics, Abenir is Abenir. If this is at Fabricio Kamphius, you migt as well get some bjj vale tudo.

Also unless the pitbulls moved, they trained at the white plains multipurpose gym as far as i know. If they have, kindly post it here. Pekiti is still a good system.

2. BladeApprentice

BladeApprentice New Member

Noted, thanks! According to PTK’s site, they’ve moved their training venue to Blue Ridge: http://www.ptkmanila.com/information.htm. Yes, I also believe PTK is a good system. I’ll seriously mull over my options. Would you know if PTK is fine/tolerant if I also train in other system/s?

3. shootodog

other fma systems you mean or martial arts systems like bjj and muay thai?

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Based on how this thread started, I'd guess it's very much up in the air regarding how tolerant a PTK teacher would be of you crosstraining. Sounds like it would dependent on how plugged in to these politics the teacher was.

5. BladeApprentice

BladeApprentice New Member

shootodog: Crosstraining in other FMA systems.

ap: Looks like it depends on the teacher. I'm hoping for the best though, in case I pursue PTK.

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Yeah, I think that's the right approach. Good luck!

7. shootodog

If, say, you train PTK then cross train in say, YawYan, I see no problem. Complimentary arts and all that.

But if it is say Pekiti and Ilustrisimo, I think there would be a lot of "conflicts" in the movements and also the politics (unless you are toby. Toby gets away with it. If you are toby, then I will kick you for not telling me that you are back in town).

I suggest to start with one system.

8. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Where are you located?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  9. shootodog

Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines.