peer 2 peer advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by dentoiwamaryu, Jun 4, 2008.

1. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

Hi folks hope you can help, im trying to write a report on the difference in peer 2 peer networking compatibilities for xp home and pro, i need to write about 700-800 words and im struggling to find very much info. im not asking for someone to tell me 700 words, jsut soem help even better would be some resourses i could check out.
    thanks

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

That's a rough topic - I'm not intimately familiar with the OS but it doesn't seem like there would be THAT much of a difference.

3. Topher

Topher allo!

Would there even be any differences. Home and Pro are pretty much the same thing right?

4. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

The only diff i can think of , off the top of my head ( which isnt working properly due to heat ) is that you cant network the P2P program on Home Like you would on Pro , so with home if u had many machines you would have to install on each , where as pro they could all access the same P2P program

saying that u can still network a XP home pc its just longer to do so .

5. newy085

newy085 Valued Member

The main difference between Pro and Home network wise, is Home is limited to 5 network computers. Have had massive problems trying to get more then 5 Home PCs talking to each other. How that relates to P2P, i'm not really sure.

Good luck and let us know how you go