Pathwalker Guild

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Saturnine138, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Why?

You won't give away techniques, but yet wanted to teach at the MAP meet.

How were you going to do that without showing something of your art?

2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Of course I would. I would have given the first taster session that anyone beginning would experience, and talked in general terms about where the syllabus goes from there.

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Shameful state this has become. Pathwalker Guide, what a mess.

The Bear.A

4. David Harrison

Thanks Yoda :)

5. Ex Pathwalker

Ex Pathwalker Valued Member

marbo pathwalker guild

Seeing as this list was not ironed out (there was clearly some confusion), and now banned marbo accounts can't answer, can you please answer who the warranted instructor was that left in the last decade?

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

No.

The really good ones are passed on from Heaven or an old man in the mountains and on occasion the odd Tengu.

7. David Harrison

The confusion was my fault, by saying that number 4 (I think) had left, when actually he just stopped actively training.

So that gives a total of zero warranted instructors that have left in the past decade.

The person who makes up numbers 1 & 2 of your list left over a decade ago, and I do not know if he ever completed the instructor's course. So, maybe if we extend your time-limit to 15 or 20 years you might get 2 or 3. Not a bad retention rate really.

8. Ex Pathwalker

marbo pathwalker guild

you didn't answer the question again. i asked who it was. i have evidence about retention. the instructor list i posted was pretty much ignored and generic statement were placed by the now banned accounts.

there are many questions that weren't answered which i will list in another post.

my whole point in this thread has been why so many people have left. you say they haven't. i know they have. so who was it who left then as you describe?

9. Ex Pathwalker

marbo pathwalker guild

7 - was kicked out because he entered an MMA tournament. Can you verify this Dave?

10. David Harrison

I told you, number 4. He was my original instructor and still a good friend. I can assure you that whatever gossip you heard in Oswestry about him was not true.

Look, a few higher-graders left for reasons that they obviously haven't shared with you. Some lower-graders, like yourself it seems, left because they thought it was the loyal thing to do. That's fine, but you do not have the facts, nor does it seem that any of these people want to air their dirty laundry in public.

11. David Harrison

I have no idea. Who is number 7?

I don't personally know any members who've entered MMA tournament, that I know of. The only one I do know of is Morgan Nunns because he states Marbo as one of his styles on the Oswestry Freefighters' site. I've never met nor communicated with him though.

Please understand that am am being kind to one or two of these higher-graders by not discussing what they obviously wish to remain private in public.

If they choose to talk about it in public, that would be a different matter. But all you have is heresay and presumptions.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  12. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

All these numbers it's getting like a SPECTRE convention.

:D

13. David Harrison

I was thinking more The Prisoner, but yeah.

14. Ex Pathwalker

marbo pathwalker guild

You are assuming a lot when you are telling me why i left!, think you are clutching at straws!, but no matter, that's not my point here.

You are correct in that it didn't get shared with me directly. However, what happened was shared with me by the many people who left because the 2 in the point of discussion were kicked out for no good reason. It caused a collective exodus involving members from all over the country. It was a protest, even though you version it as loyalty.

I disagree with what you say - they didn't want to leave, they didn't leave. They were banned from training. Why? Can you vouch for why? You have been involved for a decade right?

You seem to be getting technical about warranted this warranted that when my question is why so many people left? Still no real answer, not bothered how many badges they had on their shoulders etc.

8 - trainee instructor 1 (or whatever the designation was bla bla bla)

9 - trainee instructor 2 (or whatever the designation was bla bla bla)

even if you don't agree with my designation - fact is they were kicked out. If you had the facts, you would realise they were kicked out, not just say they left. You did say that abandonment had never happened previously, and yet you lived with someone who was left in the middle of nowhere by a senior marbo instructor.

As you are the only one on here currently, can you please explain why they were kicked out for the benefit of the forum?

going back to that Jon H guy above (another question unanswered by you and banned marbo forum reps). what was it about marbo that he didn't like that made him leave? he had after all been involved at the core for over a decade, through a lot of these events.

got more questions - the ones that weren't answered previously so willl come on to these in another post.

15. Ex Pathwalker

marbo pathwalker guild

check this list. recognise any names? sure you can ask the banned marbo reps. are any of this list ex-marbo members in addition to the one you mention? or am i just spouting 'heresay' etc as you state i am?

http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/stats/team-profile/oswestry-free-fighters

16. David Harrison

It is not my place to talk about why they left. That is their business. If they want to talk about it, that's a different story.

I hope you understand that I am respecting their privacy. Because it is not my business, and they have not given their permission for me to talk about it.

It is not something I had anything to do with.

17. David Harrison

I recognise one name; Morgan Nunns. Never met him, never talked to him.

18. David Harrison

All I said was that I wasn't there. How you described events did not sound good. The person I lived with got home on time.

19. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

You know for a senior instructor, you you know nobody and been nowhere and not party to a lot of the knowledge. Yet you defend these people. Scary how this group messes with people's head. It's like talking to a victim of Stockholm syndrome.

The Bear.

20. Ex Pathwalker

marbo pathwalker guild

Oh well, that's great then if they made it home on time after being abandoned by the person in charge! Did they re-join the group afterwards? I guess forum members can guess the answer to that one now! Will leave the answer with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.