Pathwalker Guild

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Saturnine138, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Thanks for responding and I am interested in hearing more about the reprisals which you mentioned you would go into in another response.

The "has probably been told 'e-group' would mythically appear in their shining robes to uphold the honour of the Pathwalker Guild" comment is interesting to say the least.

Were you joking there?

You know we joked about this being similar to Scientology before; however there truly are some parallels.

They both don't appear to reveal much about their history (or teachings) to their members until they have paid (or donated) a lot of money and devoted a lot of time to the groups.

2. Ex Pathwalker

Ex Pathwalker Valued Member

Yes you have heard of this Dave - were you or were you not stopped from seeing your freinds at a summer festival? Your freinds (ex-members at that point because of the aforementioned student exodus) were stopped from going by one of your infamous 'instructor circles', remember? Have i just made that up, or do you know what i am on about now? that's a perfect example of stopping people interacting in public places.

Regarding your following quote also from post #702, i.e. "if we trained together, I would probably see you on the street and still consider you a friend. You've made it very obvious that you do not feel the same way.", haven't i made it clear that i don't want my identity revealed through fear of reprisal from your organisation? We'll leave that one with the mars bar metaphor, you don't know me.

In my opinion, you haven't been stripped of rank etc because you tow the party line with the main instructor. Myself and numerous ex-members counted at least 6 maybe 7 instructors who have left over the past decade (and not returned), because they had had enough of being strung along or they were pushed because they didn't the mould the main instructor was pushing them into. You seem to fit it obviously. Well done.

On our reckoning, that leaves you with an instructor deficit, and several students exoduses. Mmmmmm.......and you didn't have to re-build? Keep fluffing for the forum. Funnily enough, there is no page on your website about instructors past and present....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  3. Ex Pathwalker

Marbo School of Martial Arts and Survival, MSMAS

I have no idea? How do you know that i have no idea?!...

Can you explain what e-group do then? (or is that barred by the protocols too?)

Over to you - direct question. Direct answer?.....

4. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

No, that is complete rubbish. Marbo has nothing to do with that. It is up to the person who organises it to decide who goes. He is not someone who would be pressured in any way. If that were the case, how come it is working there that I have seen most of the ex-members I've met since they left? Why don't the people who were actually involved seem to have a bee in their bonnet? Why can they get on with their lives when you cannot?

That's very interesting. There has not been that many instructors to leave in the past decade. Two instructors have left in that time, and only one of them had anything to do with these events you describe.

You, again, show that you don't know much about anything.

5. David Harrison

Because you have demonstrated it aptly with your words.

I don't know. Is that direct enough for you?

Name one incident involving this group you speak of.

I'm not sure if you're genuinely paranoid, or just trying to create paranoia. Why are you so melodramatic?

As for "moulds" or "towing the party line"; what would that be? I am nothing like my instructor, my teaching style is different, I have many differing values and political beliefs. It's not a problem. I am, and have always been, myself.

6. Ex Pathwalker

OK - you explain which 2. I'll explain the 7:

1 - the guy who set up http://www.msmass.co.uk/
    2 - the guy who posts on here as marbo-man!!!
    3 - the guy in bangor who was into science (he was a bit wild if you get my drift)
    4 - the guy we used to call little john
    5 - the guy from oswestry who you knew very well
    6 - the guy who posted on here called jon h
    7 - I'll post when i have remembered

on top of this, there were 3 instructor types i met once but can't remember or describe them easily (i'll ask someone)

regarding the event / exodus you are fluffing, an instructor circle did happen that resulted in people not going, like it or not. marbo had everything to do that, loads of members used to go and it's influence stopped people from going, end of. what you call a bee in a bonnet is merely me sticking to the originals points of discussion about this thread.

nice avoidance tactic about e-group. more on that in another post. i'll leave it to you to 'un-talk' the 6 instructors above, and i'll be back with the 7th.

still convinced there was 2?

7. A Pathwalker

A Pathwalker Banned Banned

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regarding the above. 1 and 2 are believed to be the same person. 3 and 6 did not complete the Instructor course and both left the area. 4 is still a registered instructor as is 5 who attended the latest "Green" Grading this last Sunday, along with several other Instructors (Just two of whom have over 70yrs of membership between them!.
    I have been part of the marbo e-group and as such assisted on many fund raising events (special projects) for good causes including, local and national charities. I still play a part in organising these events and the reason why Dave H knows little about the e-group is simple my friend, he is not part of that section, he has not played a role in these events. I wish you well and all benefit from positive dialogue, I hope you found my mutterings positive.

8. David Harrison

I'll tell you something: there is one warranted instructor on that list who left in the past decade. That is a fact.
    But, as A Pathwalker pointed out, they only stopped actively training, and is still considered a warranted instructor.

When I said two previously, I was being kind in that one of them assisted for many years, but as was written above, never completed the instructor course.

I believe the "person from Oswestry I knew well" was mis-identified by A Pathwalker, and they were talking about the warranted instructor from Oswestry, who is still a member.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  9. David Harrison

Ah, ok. So how come there's been more ex-members going than members for the past few years? Why hasn't that been a problem for me or them?

Wherever you're getting your information, I suggest you find a better source.

Better yet, I suggest you drop all this baggage from the past and look forward in life, as all these people you mention appear to have done years ago.

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

David, we are holding a MAP meet at the end of September and are currently recruiting instructors.
    I will be taking a class, as will a few other members here. This will give fellow members and some of their friends the chance to sample a few different arts.
    Are you interested in taking a session and maybe sampling a few styles from those already attending?
    This is a serious question and the meet is being held in aid of charity.

11. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

That site states the art is from the 70's, by people trained in asian arts. Not ancient celts.

And I'm not sure I understand this part either:

"...who were dedicated to creating a fundamental, economic and effective system for the european body type..."

Can any of the Marbo/Pathwalker guys expand on this? What differences are they referring to?

Also this:

"Relevant in the short term for self defence"

Does that mean it can be effective in self defence with short training times or that you can defend yourself for a short time?

12. Ex Pathwalker

www.marboschool.co.uk marbo pathwalker guild

Good to have you back Stuart. Let's hope you can answer some questions that Dave Harrison couldn't, as to why people left your organisation when they were doing well. I did find your post more positive than you telling someone to 'be polite' in post #19 above.

From looking back at my list above of past instructors, yourself and Dave Harrison are clearly thinking of some different people than myself.

To me, 1 and 2 refers to the people pictured in this leaflet (careful people, it's a 7mb download): http://www.seren.bangor.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/archive/pdf/1996/132-sep-1996.pdf, the ones on page 7 (not the one on the left on page 6, that's you Stuart).

3 - yes did leave the area, but i was referring to why he left marbo - seeing as you've given a plain reason, i'll give more detail - he was bored of being strung along, and his work was more important to him last i heard.

4 - OK, thanks for answering, but let's not forget the reason he left for a number of years!! Something to do with putting family first and clashes with you so the story in Oswestry went!!

5 - OK, i am not referring to that guy on your website who used to teach in Oswestry, i am referring to the one who was stopped from going to the festival by your instructor circle, the thing that Dave H said had never happened. He taught classes. Can you confirm that's why he left, or are you just going to say he 'left the area' again. I mean, even his brother was denied training after that!!

6 - Again, I asked Dave why Jon H above left and he directly didn't answer. Are you willing to? I don't buy the 'left the area' as i know he left Bangor in 2003, and carried on teaching until 2008. I heard he left because he wasn't happy with how marbo was ticking, especially the Sanctuary project. I'm sure he'd verify what went on.

7 - will discuss this one another time.

Have just thought of 3 more who left, 2 who your instructor circle kicked out for no good reason after they left that training 'do' above (which caused another exodus). Happy to dicsuss those another time.

So, besides pulling the charity wool over the e-group bit, please tell us what there purpose is/was, especially around the time of Yahoo Dave here: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group.../message/14042 (or are you bound to not to by the protocols?).

Did Yahoo Dave make a successful claim on the insurance? Did the club have any at that time to cover incase there was a student accident?

I keep hearing the words 'get on with my life' - well i am thanks and part of that is discussing your group in an open forum because this string is about the validity of your organisation and people's experiences of it. People are allowed to speak about their experiences, even if your senior instructor wont.

Thanks

13. Ex Pathwalker

www.marboschool.co.uk marbo pathwalker guild

lol, the 'baggage' as you term it belongs to your organisation, not me!! That's what people on here are discussing! the validity of your organisation and people's experiences of it!!!! if none of this happened, the thread wouldn't exist.

14. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

This is interesting but I'm getting confused with all the players here.

Can you please clarify if "A Pathwalker" (Stuart?) is the main instructor and the head of the Marbo/Pathwalker organization?

15. Ex Pathwalker

marbo pathwalker guild

well i think he is yes Peter, and that's why i asked him. his desscription of the art of the start at thread sounds just like him and the way he used to talk. so does the 'be polite' bit.

if it is (or even if it isn't), i would be interested to hear an explanation from 'A Pathwalker' as to the questions i have asked him, why people were left in the middle of nowhere on a training 'do' etc.

16. Ex Pathwalker

marbo pathwalker guild

of course, another 'wriggle' could be that 'a pathwalker' doesn't state gender, but i'm not buying it. it's for them to answer really i suppose.

17. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Gapjumper - We did question them on the asian arts influence with the usual avoidance/re-direction answer.

Look at post #485 and on:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45542&page=33

18. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

So if it is this Stuart gentleman, is he the head of the entire organization too?

Or is he "The Ricon" as identified in the governance section of the Pathwalker website?

http://www.pathwalkerguild.org/pathwalker guild_002.htm

It would be nice to at least get our non-answers from the head guy then he can't claim he doesn't know or "wasn't aware" like Mr. Harrison has been saying.

19. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Thank you for posting.

Are you Stuart McGregor?

20. David Harrison

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1074664965&postcount=651

Ideally, both. As in it should not take a long time to defend yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.