Passed my 4th Kup Grading

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Anomandaris, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

as you may have noticed my sig now contains a full blue belt, or 4th Kup for those who have a different belt system.

I am really pleased actually, I passed it almost perfectly according to my instructor and the grading examiner(a 6th and 7th Dan no less!)

the grading itself was 1 hour 45 minutes long + a 15 minute theory test.

I had to do all the regular things like patterns and line work and semi contact sparring but I also had to do a practical application bit, in which I must show that I can use TKD successfully in a slef defence situation, under essentially full contact(non breaking) force.

I also had to perform well in both 1 on 1 and 2 on 1(me being the 1) full contact sparring as well as a destruction test.

I was praised on my self defence, full contact sparring and breaking technique as being near perfect for the current level so I am really pleased about that.

I did get a few things wrong though, I tend to over exaggerate the sine wave in single step moves so that needs rectifying.

destruction was great fun, I demonstrated both power and skill in the techniques, even so far as to have the grading examiner ask me to continue breaking after the prescribed level needed as he was interested. I eventually broke 4 1 inch pine boards with a single side kick from bending ready stance(Guburyo Chunbi Sogi) without spacers. But I did embarass myself a bit with a reverse turning kick(Bandae Dollyo Chagi) I performed the technique well but I just cant seem to gather momentum for the kick, I always hate spinning backwards and I always do it really slowly so the kicks have no power...needless to say I didnt break a single board with that technique.

sorry to ramble but I am glad to have finally gotten this far in only 2 and a half years!

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Congrats ano! Keep up the hard work.

3. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Yeah congrats :) Wow thats a pretty long grading. Do you do ITF or WTF?

4. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Keep it up Anomandaris, good stuff! :)

5. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

ITF curriculum.

but my instructor(the reason I chose this school over others) concentrates alot on practical application and full contact over the more traditional TKD teaching.

6. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

1hr 45 mins is a heavy duty colour belt exam. GM Rhee Ki Ha doesnt even go that far when testing kup grades.

7. iain radford

iain radford taekwondododo

Congratulations on passing your Blue Belt.It means alot when you pass.Keep up the hard work.I hope I will be saying the same thing in December as I go for my 1st Dan.Again well done!:)

8. G50

G50 Night Owl

Congradulations on a job well done!!! I hope you learned a lot from that experience :D

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

congratulations :)

10. jasonservis

jasonservis Avid crosstrainer

congradulations!

jason

11. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Well done, keep it up.