Part of taekwondo problem?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by S&CMAN, Aug 23, 2012.

1. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

No the requirements are just different & maybe in your view not enough. That is fine, but it is not a fair comparison, as it goes back to apples & oranges. We simply can't apply our own concept to everyone IMHO

2. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Especially when it advocates slavery and genocide, ok ok wer going :topic:

Tae Kwon Do!

Raz

3. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Yes I am an avid reader & have read the Koran as well. As you may know, the same Bible is read & followed by Jews. Christians have added to the original Bible by adding the 2nd testament, which is the teachings of Jesus the Christ. Jews consider Jesus a great teacher or Rabbi, not the Son of G-d. Muslims revere Jesus as a Prophet, the Son of Mary, the only woman mentioned by name in the Koran, not the Son of G-d. The Koran is considered by Muslims the up to date or refined teachings of their great Prophet Muhammad. He came to give G-d's instructions as the previous religions were thought to have strayed from earlier teachings. Muslims look at the Bible & New Testament (They are even called the Gospels in the Koran) as instructions from the one G-d.
    :topic:
    So yes Jews & Muslims would consider the Bible great guidance to live one's life by.
    ITF TKD is religious neutral, but embraces principles that all religions & good people would & do embrace IMHO!

4. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Though I must add, I find the King James version a beautiful peice of written english and certainly the best peice of material to come out as the result of a commitee.

Raz

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

No. We can't compare what a TKD BB can do compared to what a BJJ black belt can do. But everyone can make sure that the people they make BB's are people to be reckoned with and make the requirements reflect this.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That's stretching the use of the word consider IMHO to make it look like other people rate your book as much as you do.
    Jews don't consider the new testament at all (IIRC) and that's the bit that seeks (in some ways) to miminse all the slavery, mysogyny and genocide nastiness in the old testament.
    The Koran has plaigiarised parts of the bible for sure but again...from a muslim point of view its flawed and has been supersceded.

7. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

yet also involved the Chung do kwan.. which was the civilian side... were there kiddie BB's there?

Stuart

8. StuartA

Maybe.. but I kinda like it anyway. :)

I dont think its a case of saying 'he's wrong' but more a case of saying 'that isnt right or line with MA's as a whole'.. or something to that effect. Its like many ITF'ers dislike WTF'ers being called Master at 4th Dan.. but then again, how can they be wrong about that then.. its just an opinion and people can have a different opinion to General Choi, even if they train in the system he developed!!

Stuart

9. StuartA

This is the exact same thing i said on a discussion about whether or not kids should wear full BB's a while back... a father said his child did the exact same thing the adults did, so why shouldnt he.. and my response was that the adult requirements seem lacking then!

Stuart

10. StuartA

[​IMG]
    I think I`m going right off theses :D

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

He gets it. :)

12. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

And yes I think this is done or required to be done within ITF TKD (exceptions noted for cheating & selling ranks, etc). It is just supposed to be done on a slightly different level physically PLUS there is more to consider as well that is not physically based, thats all

13. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Again I am coming at this from a general perspective when I say guidance. There really is very little that Jews would not think is good in the New Testament IMHO, exceptions of course. However Muslims believe the Bible & the Gospels were sent by G-d. There is nothing that they would disagree with in those Books. If you read the Koran it is clear that Islam thinks Jews & Christians deviated from the teachings in those Books. They do not think the Books are flawed.

14. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Quote: Originally Posted by TKDstudent
    That is because the early years took place in the ROK Army, with no kid's allowed.

Yes the CDK came next after the very early days! :eek:
    It is clear that the CDK had teens training as many perceived it too be important as Korea was a tough & lawless society, where gangs ruled the streets for years. (Think about what happened in some places in Eastern Europe when evil communism collapsed.
    There are accounts of some current GMs claiming to have started training at early ages, obtaining BBs. But I am not sure how much of that is folklore to pump up their credentials. If I am not mistaken GM Kang Suh Chong was a teen BB, who went on to open his own annex kwan of the CDK.
    Then remember that when TAE SOO DO went into the Korean National Sports Festival in the early 1960s, it went into the school system as well. So kids were doing MAs in SK before the West.

15. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Yes but who cares?!?
    There is no across the board standard for what a BB should be in the MAs, no matter what one's opinion is or how much they want one! My whole point is that I don't care what other MAs are doing, as I am an ITFer. My focus is that & hoping that other ITFers know their standard set by Gen Choi & adhere to it.
    There is no way to cross compare & it is not a fair comparison to even try, apples & oranges :D
    You make a good point about 4th Dan WTF Masters. I would respect their system by addressing them as Masters & I do.
    :love:

16. chrispillertkd

chrispillertkd Valued Member

It's almost like there's some sort of Natural Law or something.

Pax,

Chris

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What about Jesus being the son of God (actually god himself actually)?
    Kind of an important part of the new testament no?

18. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

I agree & think the colors that Gen Choi picked for his Jr. BB are great, as they show the innocence of the child by adding the color white!

19. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Careful now, some might take from this that you are hinting that humans lived for many many years and got on fine without the religious books. And by this that we would still be fine even less retarded as species without them

:D

20. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Please re-read my posts I already addressed that clearly
    :love: :( :confused: :D :topic: :woo: :Angel: :love: ;)