paper

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by freespirit, Feb 15, 2004.

1. freespirit

freespirit spirit of the free

ok, im assuming that most of us have at least one time seen a piece of wood broken in half by a master of MA right but has any one seen a piece of paper broken in half the same way cos i reckon that would be alot more impressive ?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I'd be more impressed by them controlling and besting an aggressive and fully resisting sparring partner of equal experience level allowed to use all ranges & methods to resist.

I find the destruction of innanimate objects pointless and irrelevant.

3. teacher

teacher Valued Member

I'm sorry to have to disagree Yoda but the destruction of inanimate objects will always have a place. Particularly so in our modern world.
    When your toaster s****s up or your monitor fades are you going to turn the other cheek.
    You try that BJJ nonsense on a vending machine that steals your money and you'll soon realise your mistake.

Kindest regards,
    Teacher.

4. YODA

Destruction is the path to the dark side...

Destruction leads to anger

anger leads to hate

hate leads to..... a broken vending machine and a big fine :D

5. teacher

teacher Valued Member

Truly martial arts is the path to enlightenment. LOL.

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

...Have you even seen Star Wars YODA?

It's "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." You'll NEVER be a nerd if you don't get that down.

PL

7. freespirit

freespirit spirit of the free

5 messages and were already off subject, has anyone actually seen it been done and poop-loops has got a point :)

8. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Maybe thats why some arts avoid grappling, the demo would look rubbish with the usual piece of wood :D

9. YODA

*Sigh. My sarcasm is wasted here.

Pearls before swine :rolleyes:

10. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

What are you talking about? I bet I could submit a 2x4 with ease, while the crowd was held breatheless wondering if i would get a splinter.

11. YODA

Not would get a spliter ---where :D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  12. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

Would recomend crossface-not guard position for, well..... obvious reasons.

13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Don't try to feed me excuses. You screwed up. As punishment you must watch SW Ep 1 & 2 20 times each. Then you'll be thankful for still having 4,5,6 around.

PL

14. YODA

Oh goody! Can I? Really?

Ep1 and 2 are WAY better than those crusty old flicks anyway :D

15. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

What in the blue hell are you talking about man!!!

With the exception of the Maul and Yoda fights (oh, and natalie portmans lovely flat tummy), 4-6 own 1 & 2! ;)

:p

Col

16. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

Hey! We're totally off topic!

Yes I have torn a piece of paper with a knife hand strike, cleanly on the 5th time. 1-4 times I had deep paper cuts, I had to go to the hospital and get stitches.

Also, SW Ep 1 is pointless, except for the fight seen with Darth Maul. Through out the whole entire movie I wanted Darth Maul to slowly torture Jar-Jar, in the most inhumane manner.

The only good things about Ep 2 is seeing Natalie Portman in those very revealing outfits :D (especially in the deleted scenes on the DVD :D). And yeah, the Yoda fight with Darth Tyranus. :eek:

And the best SW Ep that rocks is #5. This is the first movie that the bad guy's actually won!

17. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol ahmen to that!

18. YODA

Wait for EP3 - THEN we'll see - Muhahahaaaaaa...

19. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

Oh Yeah! I totally forgot about that!

I'm wondering what Natalie Portman will be wearing? :D

And also don't forget that LucasArts is doing a cartoon on the Clone Wars.

I'm such a geek!

20. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Actually you want to know what is MORE impressive? Someone who is able to smash several boards or bricks with a single strike or kick, yet with the same techniques demonstrate the precise control necessary to touch a sheet of rice paper without breaking it.

.... here's a little experiment you can undertake. Next time you are sitting on the loo reading your karate magazines, unroll a bit of the toilet paper roll off the holder and hold it in your left hand. Make sure the whole roll is free to rotate smoothly away from the wall. Locate the perforations after about three or four pieces and strike swiftly across them with the index finger of your right hand. Should the roll spin madly and you end up with lengths of paper on the floor you have failed. If it breaks cleanly along the perforations then you have achieved "Kime" grasshopper .....

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004