Pain Gone?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KickChick, Dec 21, 2006.

1. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Supposedly there is this new breakthrough device for natural pain relief and it's called "pain gone" and I only see it being offered over in the UK atm ... (currently being used in British NHS Hospitals and Pain Clinics)

It is a thick pen-sized device that is filled with crystals. A button at the top of the device, when clicked, creates an ‘energy release’ of electrical current. The device is placed at the point of your pain and clicked 30 to 40 times.

This electrical charge travels along nerve pathways and in turn stimulates the brain to release natural pain killing endorphins at the point of pain. Actually stimulates acupuncture points without needles. No maintenance needed throughout the life span of the product (two to three years - about 100,000 clicks)

The process is completely safe and natural and has been shown to be as effective as pain tablets and can be used for any physical pain such as ...
    * back pain
    * arthritis
    * tennis elbow
    * fibromyalgia
    * sports injuries
    * post operative pain
    * skeletal pain
    * whiplash
    * travel sickness
    * nausea
    * headache
    * aching muscles
    * shingles
    * menstrual pain
    * lumbago
    * phantom limb pain
    * neuralgia
    * sciatica

Sounds a bit too good to be true.

Has anyone here ever heard of this or have you used it?

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Have you got a source for this story?

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Google the product name :D

;)

4. wudangfajing

wudangfajing Banned Banned

The hole object of pain is to inform you have some greater problem usually but if you are talking as it is a magical cure i would say well i dought that exist. Also acupuncture is based on using the energy of were the spot is painfull an what other major point are the feeding points for that pain spot so you can figure out what caused the possible pain/disease. I have seen that over here to in United States of America. I think i might be wrong.

5. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Hmmm, I gotta get me some of that!

6. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

on the NHS!?that is a shock...actually I bet you would have to wait 80 million years on a list to get the treatment *winges about how she has waited so long for her MRI results*

7. Zandorv1037

Zandorv1037 Valued Member

I'm no professional, I don't know anything, but it sounds like that could mess up your brain... There's a REASON people feel pain, pain is a GOOD thing. It tells you when something is wrong. What if your brain starts sending out the painkillers automatically or it shocks the wrong part of the brain? I don't know, it sounds a little sketchy to me.

8. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

The hilarious thing is that anyone is able to market a metal pen that gives you a mild electric shock as a 'natural' treatment. :D

To address the original topic it looks a bit gimmicky to me especially since all the information I can find is basically from websites selling the damn thing rather than say articles about how it is revolutionising pain treatments. The list of things it claims to be able to treat also seems suspect to me as is the manufacturers willingness to promote it in a new agey way I mean 'crystal technology' and how many times do the websites use the word 'natural'? Probably does some good and it does claim to have clinical trial evidence (though there seems to be very little infromation available about the trials and certainly no records of the actual papers) I just sincerely doubt its anything revolutionary. Also something being used on the NHS is absolutely no guarantee of its legitimacy I mean I believe there are some Homeopathy centers affiliated with the NHS.

9. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I'm gonna get me some snake oil!

10. Topher

Topher allo!

I stopped reading here.

I'm guessing this hasn't been scientifically tested? The sad fact is it probably won't make a diffrence anyway. People always will always jump to the 'quick fix'.

I can't stand psudo-medicine!

11. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

sounds like the crystals are quartz, and it's a giant peizo-eletric lighter without the fire part.