page 5 in new posts

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by quartermaster, Jun 30, 2004.

1. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

i click view new posts.....voila 10,000 pages of threads. by the time i get to page 5 i get an error, "no items matching search" or something. i'd put it down to my taking too long, but it's always page 5 and page 6 works just fine.

2. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

I don't get this with a normal search - I'll try next time I come onto the site (new threads is only 2 pages for me tonight!)

Anyone else get this?

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Clear out your cookies.

Clear out your Cache.

Then try it again, see if it happens then too

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

I had something similar happen to me a while ago. I just put it down to me taking too long to link to the threads.

Cheers. :)

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

The time out for new threads is 30 minutes of innactivity. If you're constantly active on the forum reading them you shouldn't have a problem. If you go away for 30min and come back you will loose them.

6. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

That happens to me quite often (not necessarily on the same page though) and it's not because I'm inactive either. Usually, if I go back to the home page, and run the search again, then go to the page, it works.

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

The thick plottens :eek:

8. quartermaster

well i always put it down to the time out, but page 6 and after are still there. i emptied my cookies and other rubbish just the other day, incidently.

i guess i'm just stoopid!

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

You could visit Map more often so that the list of new posts won't be as long. :D

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

John> i dont think they should be on MAP as long as we are each day just to avoid the new posts list being as long ;) :p :D

11. quartermaster

well, college has jsut finished...

12. Topher

Topher allo!

As were on the subject, whats the diffrence 'View New Posts' and 'Today's Posts'? I usually use the latter.

13. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

I know that 'Todays Posts' are all the ones in the last 24 hours from the time when you look.

14. booksie_girl

The lists wouldn't be so long if people like you didn't spend all day online posting :p

15. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Oi! I thought it was "Pick on JohnnyX Day" last Wednesday. :D :D :D

16. booksie_girl

Every day endinng in 'y' is a "Pick on JohnnyX Day" :D

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

muhahahahahahaha :D:D:D